(complete) Snowhigh Quicksilver Seed Run

Nice fade! :surfing_man:

5 Likes

So here we are over 2 weeks into 12/12 and the quicksilver plants are getting it on!

There is pollen everywhere and the First Lady to flower is already showing swollen calyx /seed production.

While I know all males are dropping a good amount of pollen I’ve collected extra pollen from all the males so I can reapply later for maximum seed production.

The ladies are stretching out and looking forward to filling the tent but by relocating the carbon filter I will be in good shape.

I’m getting some great pineapple funk and another with a strong lime scent, and skunky undertones.

Outdoor female #1 finishing up with that fade, and I pulled a ripe seed out of her the other day but I’ll let her go as long as I can.

Males shooting their shots:

Females:

Pollen collection;

51 Likes

Looking great! Very exciting :blush:

1 Like

Looking great in here! I wish you well with finishing up your seed run!

I ran some Quicksilver from Snowhigh around 15 years ago or something crazy, when brother NDNGuy sent me quite a bit of Snowhigh’s work back in the day. Definitely beautiful plants to be found in this line.

Most likely from the C-99 in the genetics. Yum. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

10 Likes

Great update! Everything looking very nice and those scents sound very inviting.

3 Likes

Seconded, I love that about Cindy hybrids, always the pineapple funk in there somewhere

7 Likes

I’m outta like @Elpolloloco but things are looking pretty great over there! Congratulations my man!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see the end result! Looking great so far

4 Likes

There should not be a problem with the girls getting pregnant with that amount of pollen.

7 Likes

It’s getting to be a jungle in there!

The exhaust fan has been relocated to allow room for the stretch and I see little buds, with swollen calyx / seeds forming.

I collected a bunch of pollen from the males that were first to drop, and I’ve left the last male to flower in there so he gets his chance to make some babies.

I put clones of all males in there as well, and another clone of each female to maximize seed count and make sure we get a good blend of beans from all the males.

35 Likes

Everything looks perfect!

3 Likes

Thanks man; I’m glad things are coming along that’s for sure!

5 Likes

Looking good!

3 Likes

A few quick pic updates; things are coming along nicely! I think one plant got a bit close to LED there are some spots in the leaves but no sign of pest from what I’m seeing.

Smells are continuing in the pineapple funk direction!

43 Likes

Looking good baby! I love tropical terps… but who knows what else she’ll reveal as they mature!

5 Likes

Plants are looking great, those ladies are really taken that pollen!

3 Likes

coming along nicely! always love some funk mixed in the flavor :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

I’m starting to see some trichs form and I did a dusting of more mixed pollen; here is a top from each plant for your viewing pleasure

42 Likes

Its so interesting to see on this strain how the colour of the bud is not much different from the rest of the plant. Very nice job, looking frosty

5 Likes

Hi all,

So here we are about day 66 or 67 into flower. The last male gave all he could and was pulled a few weeks ago, and I collected a small amount of pollen from him to save for another day. I’d say he had the best smells and best flower structure so I’m glad he got his chance to make some seeds as well!

With a quoted 8-11 week flower time, I think the males all got their fair share of time and i will let the remaining seeds ripen up.

I’ve had a couple hiccups where I went out of town and my plant sitter dropped the ball; they didn’t die but they certainly were not happy. With that said, I’ve not seen any nanners even though he let them dry out big time…

I also overlooked some pest pressure; thrips I think, but I believe I have that in check now and there are some seeds ripening up nicely. I sprayed later than I would if growing for flower, but still kept everything organic.

There are certainly some seeds that are ready on some plants and others that need more time so I’ll keep checking them periodically but I want to maximize the seed yield the best I can given the small space and small pots.

They are getting stinky and keeping that pineapple funk which I absolutely love!!

Here are some closeups showing the seeds bulking up.

Sorry for lack of updates but trust I’ll deliver the goods :call_me_hand:
image|375x500

63 Likes