Concerts this spring

Good point….

1 Like

Swimming up in here cause I heard this thread split open and melt into a phish thread.

How about I just drop almost everyone’s favorite Ghost

3 Likes

Ohhh but 11/17/97 ghost has something to say about that….

2 Likes

That whole show rips!!!

2 Likes

Dude I know. The tweeze too….plus Fishman is just leagues beyond everyone else most nights but this one specifically :fire::fire:

2 Likes

Wowee ! I had all but written phish off but my buddy gifted me and my lady this concert weekend and I am actually stunned how good this first show was.I will give you a report on tonight’s tomorrow morning. Have a great day until then everyone!

4 Likes

Yeshhh buddy!!! You have no idea how happy it made me to open this up this early Saturday morning and see those pictures.

Hope you had fun and are going to more this year! Love to catch ya on tour n share a doobie or two!!

Ever since the boys decided they’re old n need on stage headphones to hear each other they have sounded SO ON POINT!!! Gone be a burner tour I feel it. Big year for them!!!

1 Like

Hell yeah man, I will hit more shoes this year for sure and it would be awesome to run into you. First set of the second night is off to a great start!

2 Likes

I’ve been to one Phish show in my life, when they were touring for Farmhouse. Went with friends, got bored in our seats as I often do and took a walk around to check the scene, it was steady gray drizzling outside the stage pavilion so not a lot of folks around besides staff. After seeing what there was to see, I said “let’s go back stage!” to myself. As a theater stagehand and concert photographer at the time I had a pretty good idea of how tour crews work, so I flipped up the hood on my yellow slicker and strode on into the backstage parking lot with a group of event staff. You just gotta walk with purpose and not look to the side at all, or wave and smile like you’re in a hurry, maybe pick something up and carry it. I went right in the back stage door off the truck loading dock and walked right onto the stage wings, and sat on the giant road case for the sound board next to a bunch of other crew. I could tell that the guy next to me was suspicious but he waited a song or two before he turned to me and said “you’re not supposed to be in here, are you?”. And I said no, I was just taking a look around and this seemed like a good place to sit, and he said “go ahead and have one more song, then fade back into the shadows before anyone else realizes, you know your way out?” And I said yeah and they played Bouncing Around the Room and I headed back into the shadows of the backstage to emerge, unscathed and with a good story to tell when I got back to the seats. My friends saw me on stage in my yellow jacket but didn’t assume it was me! Fun time!

2 Likes

Be safe have fun and take care of your shoes!

1 Like

That is a great story, thanks for sharing man!

1 Like

Ahhh takes me back at one time i had about 60 tsped Dead shows all over the country from the early 70s to the late 80s. My brother and cousin followed them like a religeon…the even had a converted school bus…but sadly they were all stolen…i had them in a big t 2 sided cassette case. They just kicked my door in and took everything they could get there hands on…report was made but didnt comd of anything

1 Like