Deadheads - Anybody doing Dead & Company tour next month(s)?

What cities are folks hitting?

My fun will consist of:

Raleigh, NC
Bristow, VA
Queens, NY
Philly, PA
Bethel, NY
Phoenix, AZ

9 Likes

I wish… sigh…

Last Dead and Co show I saw was a few years ago, Mexico on the beach. Barcelo Maya. A scuba diver friend hooked us up with tickets to the show, but we didnt have passes for Barcelo (all inclusive resort). My friend has a place in Cozumel, so we went home most nights (ugh, 40 min taxi to Playa, 40 min Ferry to Coz). The one night we stuck around, damn, it was hillarious. Two old dudes managed to walk right past security holding up an arm with no bracelet (in a crowd) and just walked thru. Almost got pinched later that night without the bracelet, but I remembered a friends room number, gave his name and room number, and promised to get my bracelet. Avoided security the rest of the night (Not too hard, Barcelo is HUGE!). From what I understand, “packages” with concert / hotel for those shows were like $5k. Gotta admit, even the concert was all inclusive except tour merch. Food and beer were free, and there were good craft beers there. Coolest thing was chilling in the ocean, waves crashing down, watching the show. Probably one of the coolest shows I’ve been to (barring festivals).

No shows for me this year. My pup tore his ACL, and that surgery just ate up vacation / concert money for at least the foreseeable future…

Enjoy the shows though! Bethel is always a fun venue!

5 Likes

I wish. Lol. Have fun if you go.

1 Like

How many days is that? Travelling with friends?

It will be about 9 days for the East Coast leg. Meeting friends in each state along the way, yeah. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will have a fantastic time I’m sure, enjoy yourself and be safe :smiley::v:

1 Like

I was an “East Coast Kid” with Phish, everything from Loring AFB in ME, to Big Cypress in FL.

THAT was honestly half the fun of touring. Different show every night, but I took SO many back roads and saw so much more of the East Coast than many of my friends did. I really do miss seeing 12 shows in 14 days and 11 states :smiley: lol

2 Likes

I would not be too interested in doing this myself but I love the stories of traveling with bands, festivals.

It’s a fantastic excuse to leave the monotonous day to day behind for a minute. Get out on the American road, see some really cool towns, meet some amazing people.

Also, best grilled cheeses you will ever have…

202f153bdea2571d7e32bfee79dfccb4

6 Likes

Man… Tour was so much fun. I made so many phriends on the road. Always had places to crash all along the east coast. Was fortunate to go to some epic shows as well. We did so many different festivals (I started with woodstock 94), that we perfected our festival going. 18x18 tent with 2 9x9 bedrooms and a 9x18 common area. different types of grills (can’t make coffee on a grill) and burners, we even brought LITERALLY the kitchen sink one year to Bonnaroo when we redid our kitchen. Knowing full well how the bathroom situation is, our tent came with a 4x4 “shower tent” which became our private portajohn with a luggable loo. Yes, our festival setup was one to be revered!

And damnit, I just miss live music… PERIOD!

4 Likes

Keep the stories coming I love it, ever done burning man? Another one that I love but would never go to.

You got that right…

And the Flatbread Pizza people in the white volkswagon van. That stuff was YUMMY!

1 Like

Ok maybe I could handle this!

Not done Burning Man. Also hesitant to do that one. I love dead tour cuz as a an old fart, I can book a hotel, party, uber back to hotel, drive in comfort to next show haha. Burning Man is too much for me.

I primarily do Dead tour, throw in a few Phish shows, local shows here in DC, and some Euro festival stuff.

2 Likes

Here’s a good one!

Phish - Hampton VA. 2 night, and I mean TWO EPIC NIGHTS at the Hampton Collisseum. Lots of oldies pulled out, they did Getting Jiggy With It by Will Smith (I was tripping balls on mushrooms, and lost it when they played that)., just two nights of pure epic phish.

Now, my sis had a phriend, Courtney, who invited a bunch of us to stay at his parents house. Well… Lets just say they were very well off, had an indoor / outdoor pool with like 24 sliding glass doors. a 6 gar pull-thru garage, and honestly, when we went to bed that night, you had NO clue there were 60 kids staying at Courtneys! The best part? His parents put out the most amazing breakfast spread for all of us, bagels, toast, fruit, muffins, you name it.

Now the rub… Shows were Fri / Sat night… So I’m driving home Sunday, and my oil pump seizes, and my motor seizes as well. In Virginia. On a Sunday. Nothing is open, NOTHING. Get towed, find a hotel, go to dealer in morning. debated getting raked over the coals on trading in my Cherokee for some POS to get home with and said nah, I’ll fix my baby.

Now I gotta find a U-haul. Find one. No trailer there to tow my Cherokee with. Find another… They have a trailer I can tow, but no trucks big enough to tow another vehicle. Back to the first U-Haul to pickup a truck, then back to the second U-Haul to grab the trailer. UGH.

Had the privilege of driving a 28’ box truck up Rt 95, thru rush hour in Washington DC. While towing my Cherokee, which I couldn’t even see behind me because that 28’ box van was so huge.

Got home late monday night, and didn’t miss a beat. Saw the Tuesday night show in Long Island, then Thu / Fri / Sat run in Worcester.

85 shows with Phish. 2 with the Grateful Dead w/ Jerry (last 2 shows at Giants Stadium), and 4 Dead & Co. Wish I got into the Dead a bit sooner, but I really enjoyed my time with Phish…

4 Likes

Hampton is such a great flipping venue. Great great shows there.

1 Like

“The Spaceship”

Honestly, as an audiophile. I can say touring made me aware of better and worse arenas. MCI Center in DC is horrible. The Hampton Collisseum and Pepsi Arena in Albany were my two favs for sound quality.

Plus, my friends photo is inside the CD booklet with Hampton Comes Alive… I am sitting there, on the wall next to them, just off the edge of the page. DOH!

Also loved Great Woods, MA for outdoor shows… I remember a “Pay lot” at the entrance to Great Woods, and was like WTF, why pay, its free at the venue! The pay lot was literally at the entrance to their driveway. At 3:30 am when we finally got out of the concrete maze they called a free lot, we see a sign at the (now empty) pay lot “If you paid to park here, you’d be home by now”. And the F’d up thing is, we had a 3 1/2 hr ride to jersey, and even then, we WOULD have been home by then. LOL… The following year we got smart, we slept in our car after the show till the lot cleared out and they came knocking. No lines,out of the lot, drove to the next rest area and crashed till morning (we had more shows to go yet).

VA Beach sucked, the cops there were always the biggest dicks…

1 Like

“The Spaceship”

2 Likes

LOVE show posters… Always loved the crazy artwork!

1 Like

Had a roommate was a dead head when I first
Moved to sf,I didn’t know what a dead head was.

She did a lot of drugs and held down a pretty good job lol,she would make these dream
Pillows filled
With herbs,every Saturday morning she go get wipits hippy crack,watch cartooons
And do hippy crack

3 Likes