Considering an outdoor run this coming spring

Do you have a water source nearby or are you running irrigation? Takes a lot to water 150 to 275 gallons of soil! I too am contemplating some outdoor Jack Herrer. Always wanted to years ago, going to make it happen this year if I find the right place.

1 Like

Ideally over 10-15lbs total. Its close enough to a water source and we usually get a good amount of rain here too.

2 Likes

around 100 to 150 wet or so

problem is a 15 gallon pot can get small fast outside

close water is nice :slight_smile: watering three times a day even if it is close can suck ass ;(

if the pot is black or breaths well it will dry out faster

in the wind or sun

all things to keep in mind

Dequilo

EDIT

rain does not water pots well at all unless you plan on it

27 gallon plastic totes from HomeDepot with holes cut in drainage

it could rain all day and you would still need to water your plants

just not so much

peace D.

6 Likes

What is humidity like? BB are chunky solid and where I am very prone to bud rot… but it’s nearly 100% humidity here a lot of the time…

1 Like

great point outside it is hard to control

pots can be nice if they can be moved

you can put them in for the night and out for the day

be safe

Dequilo

It does get pretty hot and humid here during the summer. 90+ degrees and around 80% humidity.

1 Like

I know when i get back.up to maine i will have a greenhouse not to big but just big enuf :thinking: :shushing_face:

1 Like

I too have used the 27 gallon totes to good results!

1 Like

Outdoor pointers.

Do NOT do this. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

what about aerial traffic?

i say skip the soil amendment; if there’s a forest there it has everything it already needs, IMO.

:evergreen_tree: jus sayin

3 Likes

I know herein New York (not grow friendly) this year I did not see

anything in the air and I was watching pretty hard

as I had a couple of Federal Felonies worth plants outside

peace and be well

Dequilo

4 Likes

Shit if ya got undisturbed land to plant on give your native soil a chance you might actually be surprised also what it can do (no/till) plus it would be a hell of lot less worrying about water needs Mulch it up good with local leaves and your good to go!

3 Likes

Exactly !!!

2 Likes

can always dig a hole and fill it with goodies :slight_smile:

plants do love the ground

I found it easier this year to work in the ground

but pots are great if you need move them without killing them

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

2 Likes

Yup I’d say take a trowel only , maybe for a clone hole! That sounds funny this morning while on blue dream!

1 Like

The problem with digging is i have diabeetus and a seizure disorder. Falling out in the woods is a bad idea for me.

1 Like

Brother use the ground you got. It may be just timber soil but plant directly into it and u will be fine. Especially since u want a lb per plant and u have medical conditions. I would also recommend some concentrated organic ferts. You should be able to grow some trees with respectable smoke!

1 Like

In 15 gallon pots you will not get a pound per plant. Secondly, with that humidity during bud you must pick your strains wisely. Sativa or sativa dominant hybrids are the only strains that stand a chance. Any strain with really dense buds will rot. Also keep in mind you will need to cage or stake all of your pots. And then there is sunlight hours. Be sure to check your area several times per day to make sure your plants will stay in optimal sunlight. South facing is obviously best

2 Likes

truth to that

I had 12 in 27 gallon totes

and 15 in the ground. ones in the ground were skinny and half died

12 in the totes teen plants

both went out in spring at the same time ones in the ground blow the totes away

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

I will be looking into that. Not sure I have seen any.