Growing Monster Plants : + 10 lb per plant

Starting this thread to share my knowledge and general info on MONSTER cannabis plants, genetics, training&growth techniques to get 10lb + yields on your outdoor flowers (: if you have any questions or want to know more about growing large yield high potency organic plants I’d love to answer! :seedling::dash: :v:

34 Likes

When do you start plants like that? What size when transplanted?

8 Likes

Amount of nutrients and feeding schedule? Great job by the way, they’re some monsters! :clap:t2:

5 Likes

Interested to hear the formula!

4 Likes

Damn it man! Thats a BIG fucking plant! :rainbow:

5 Likes

Which climate do you have?
When did you plant them outside?

4 Likes

Looking like a jungle in there!

3 Likes

Less a problem of spidermites maybe due to size and vigour but more prevalent to monkeys and nesting birds I would imagine. Not sure which is easier to deal with.

8 Likes

Northern Cali
Sierra Nevada foothills
High heat, dry summer, wet fall/winter
Full term Seed start from end of March-beginning of April; Harvesting around October.
100-200 gallons of soil per plant
Good tip for Getting lots of top nugs is topping & stress training at early veg states to desired size and shape

7 Likes

Nor cal,
Usually Start March-April,
They move out of the greenhouse into their final outdoor pot in may/june , harvest October

7 Likes

This was in the el dorado national forest so I was dealing with deer and they just bite some leaves every now and again., had some caterpillars one year but cleared up easy well before flower development , simple homemade remedies and organicide, lots of preying mantis help protect the ladies

5 Likes

14 Likes

So, nada on the feed schedule?

I feel like I’ve seen this set up before somewhere. If so this is going to be awesome to follow.

2 Likes

HOLY SHIT , I m aiming for some monsters with the LGSTK beans from @THCeed … I already dug out a huge hole and will fill Foxfarm, dead leaves,some compost and night crawers … Not sure what to expect but it worked well with my Black Cherry Punch plants so these should thrive… I d love to hear what u use for soil and Nutes ???

3 Likes

They received compost tea basically every 2-4 days, along with a bottle feeding of organic nutrients 1x a week
I used Peruvian Gold Organics line of micronutrients multiple years in a row with great success

2 Likes

For the soil I used Vermicrop Organics “Vermifire” and the years after I would add more of that or house made blend of organic soil from a local grow shop I worked with closely… had to order 50 cubic yards at first and then got 20-30 more each season after that. 2-4 Dump trucks worth each trip! the grow shop owner was actuallly the operator of the biggest grow I’ve ever seen and I helped him process about 300-400lbs of material into Rosin for his brand :+1: he also guided me on the best new local organic products. good times :honey_pot: :seedling:
Usually ran a compost tea brew every 3-4 days, and ran Peruvian Gold Organic Nutrients 1x a week for that extra umph. Mixing in Vital nutrients brand from time to time.
Additionally I’d give top coats of different “Down to Earth” products to the tops of the soil beds. Loved using a cover crop as well in my smart pots

4 Likes

Here’s a photo of the brand of soil

1 Like

I was running around 30 plants my first year, and after 3 seasons I had 99 full size ladies locked in pulling at the very least 3-5lbs per plant… the largest ones In The sweet spots were hitting 12-14lbs per plant :scream:
Always remember the importance of trellising ! And Mycorrhizae the hell out of those roots when u transplant

2 Likes

for the love of god if your going in the ground PLEASE layer the hole with gopher wire before filling with dirt!!!
I learned the hard way, there’s nothing sadder than a full size flowering mature plant just dying out of no where cause a gopher ate your root ball!!! :rofl:

3 Likes