Considering Mars Hydro

Those spider farmer that @AquaTerra is blowing out below cost is a deal my brother runs that light with great success . Just thought I’d throw that info out if you never seen his post.

3 Likes

I have a ts1000 for a small space, it works well. My first led outside of blurples.

A friend runs a ts3000 and it rocks his space.

I cant justify the price for the new LEDs with my cheap electricity prices. Will be on HID for my main source for quite sometime.

I see the hate is justified for some peoples past experience. But I will say that these lights give people something that has been missing, a low cost entry point into using LEDs that is effective.

The best no, but for upfront capital it is at least affordable to the masses.

1 Like

Their new generation stuff is light years better than their prior generations. OG had run some tests about a year ago on one of their newer fixtures. The measured results look pretty good and in-line with expectations at a relative discount price wise. … and they seem to be making iterative improvements.

Though, they apparently continue to have trouble revising their marketing tactics, the difference between truth/lies/manipulation, customer service, and the so-called ‘warranty’ terms. That stuff, along with past experience folk have had with the blurples, is still dragging their name down through the community.

1 Like

mine have been burning for 3 years in the veg room. No 730nm light, but other than that they grow plants! I know people who have had LED arrays burn after a year, so I figure I’m doing pretty good :wink:

1 Like

Last month AlboPepper did a good comparison on YouTube of Spider Farmer, Maxisun & Mars Hydro. He seems to present valid issues against Mars, and endorses the Maxisun as I remember.

https://youtu.be/g6n8VhVGKDY

4 Likes