Copolymers for water retention, anyone using it?

Hi all,
I have to plant 3 of my plants in the wilderness.

Reading about guerilla growing, they mentioned to use copolymer water retaining beads or granules.

Has anyone use them? Where I grow it gets hot and lugging water can be avoided using this stuff because they keep the water and slowly release it.
Sounds great.

Any feedback appreciated, thanks

3 Likes

First No straight up, just don’t.

There bad or infectual on many levels.

One they can hold on to moisture at the expense of what’s around them, in that they will compete with your soil for water, second the are a plastic well acrylic, but you don’t need to pollute the environment with that junk.

If your considering guerilla, i can’t help you with that, but start looking into what water only outdoor growers are doing, then figuring out how your gonna water them and on what frequency that works for you, and how big.

I’ll let others chime in about outdoor growing and whats been working for them.

2 Likes

I bought a solar watering timer system off wish for 50$. It works great comes with a bunch of hose etc. Unfortunatley I’ve only gotten to water once with it and we’ve gotten steady rain since.

Atleast with that you only have one initial big water trip, then every time you visit just bring a couple more gallons

2 Likes

Interesting, I googled those copolymers and most said they are bio degradable in 2-7 years and posed no environmental problem.

I do EVERYTHING organic, even in my vegetable garden.

They all claimed that all it does is absorbs water that is actually run off water and keeps it and gets released.
The only real problem to me was if it rains too much it could cause root rot.

I hope others will chime in.

Thanks

1 Like

It works great but its a eco policy thing more than an efficacy thing. Don’t Try to use a shit ton cuz it’ll just turn into a large pool of plastic liquid… I used the regular m.g water polymer crystals. I typically use like a half tsp per solo cup sized hole. I use them in small amounts and i hardly ever water all year. But we do get pretty consistent rain. They also help against over watering. Again i wouldn’t use them near a water source tho… Also don’t use more than the instructions say. A little bit goes a looong way. But it’s up to you. What you can where you can how you can. Try to use good ethics along the way. :v:

1 Like

Ok you people, you talked me out of it. I returned the item (copolymer)

After all my secret spot is not far and I can easily carry water and nutrients and I don’t think it’s a good product anyway.

Cheers

1 Like

i use them with good results i also get a lot of thunderstorms in the afternoon keeps the crystals full of moisture

1 Like