Could fungus gnats be really causing problems now?

Dont play around with the bits get this stuff.Liquid version of dunks has the same BTI in it but it’s concentrated and it’s instant .One drop treats 100 gallons this stuff will wipe them out and the stucky traps pick up the stragglers

6 Likes

I noticed the droop and the yellowing have you tried to turn your light down a bit?Sometimes they get pissed at the light and need it turned down that will cause a funny droop too sometimes.

4 Likes

Thanks @CapnCannabis

1 Like

maybe it was you who mentioned this about 2 months ago?! works like a charm, thats why i recommended it as well!

2 Likes

Yes Sir glad it worked spread the word far and wide

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion/recommendation.
I will buy more when needed. I did find I needed to use about 2drops per gal to knock them out. Now I just add it every couple waterings just to make sure they don’t come back!

2 Likes

My first week of dosing i use 5 drops to a gallon then i drop to three might be overkill but it wont burn a single leaf on that plant and it will halve the numbers in about a week two weeks you will see only flies as old as Methusalah maybe one or two then Bam thier done.If using recycled soil use some of the BTI water to cook your soil just to get any eggs or larvae those BTI spores specifically target eggs and larvae and use as a PMI dont just stop using it be proactive and you wont have to deal with the little bastards

4 Likes

This shit is great and a few of the sticky yellow sheets slide down on the edge around inside of pots will get the ones that survive. You also got to trim lower leaves or they get stuck to them.

6 Likes

@OhNo555 think your the one who turned me on to MicrobeLift actually?love how good advice echos on here and gets around to those who need it.Thats what you call a damn good community good shit ladies and gentlemen.

6 Likes

Great info here. Thank you all for gifting your experience!

5 Likes

Thanks for the shoot out on the fungus gnat shit, but I must give credit to @FirstCavApache64 who clued me on that bug shit. :+1::facepunch::wink::v:

3 Likes

I have a par meter and temp gauge, the yellowing is from them being in a smaller pot for too long waiting for this tent to be cleared there was more yellow the green is coming back.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for all this information!!! As always so appreciative of all the ogers

2 Likes

Check out sierranaturalscience.com also, U.S.-based, highly recommended. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I can’t remember the scientific name for the active ingredient in the dunks…but I googled that and found a seller on aliexpress. Was only a couple bucks from what I remember.
Lol…also grabbed some plant growth regulator…still haven’t used it…won’t use it on anything that’ll be ingested…just wanted to try some…lol

2 Likes

Get a couple of fans on the floor. I have them in opposing corners of the room to keep air circulating around the bags. Gnats get sucked in and spit out. Once a week I grab the dust buster and vacuum them up. You can see the piles in front of the fan. All gnats.

I have tried everything mentioned here. For me, this has been the best solution so far. If you do try diatomaceous earth, be very careful where and how you use it. I wouldn’t want it blowing around my grow room. No offense to anyone, but there’s a good reason why it kills bugs. If it gets in your lungs, you’re in trouble.

8 Likes

Anyone ever look with a magnified glass at root tips of a fu@k gnat infestation? little bastard larvae chew the crap out of some root tip

3 Likes

I nicknamed mine Shredder
It would account for 40% of the ‘casualties’ easy… :laughing:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I know some people don’t like it but I mix neem meal into my soil and I’ve never had gnats since I started doing that. I swear by it.

1 Like

I’ve purchased mosquito bits at Lowe’s before. I know they’ve got those around up there in the great white north.

Those bastards love the roots! Nematodes and mosquito bits have kept them away in my experience.

2 Likes