CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

I have earthboxes for my tomato plants (27 gal tote for the cannabis) and the biggest downside is they will drain the res super quick. Other than that no issues at all with 2 plants in one. But I like to leave for long weekends so only one tomato per box this year.

3 Likes

I’m using two earthbox jr’s now and they have under a gallon reservoir, where as the EB has a 3 gallon reservoir which is why I’m considering it.

4 Likes

Does anyone else use a Ph meter? I have an older style analog but I’m looking to upgrade soon… It’s nice being able to check the Ph and address problems that way, like if the Ph is right but I still have a Ca problem I know to use gypsum or low Ph to use OSF. My problem is that my compost and castings are so full of K that I have to add Mg and Ca pretty often. I stopped using rock dust and I might look back into it lol. I was worried about failing heavy metal testing here, but i might be overthinking it…

4 Likes

Doing this now. Autos. They are gigantic at 45d early into flower. I think one plant per box is better. Unless you really train? I like minimal training.

14 Likes

Mornin’
People run two plants in an EB all the time. Just make sure to stay on top of feedings and either train or run the same genetics per EB, so one doesn’t overshadow the other. I personally have only run one plant per OG EB. Sip on!

11 Likes

Just wanted to give y’all an update on the 7.5 gal SIP I had made earlier in this post.
I had constructed the 7.5 sip using the procedure @CrunchBerries had shown earlier or as close as I could decipher.

This was my 1st time making a SIP this way and it turned out way easier to make than the previous SIP’s I have made.

I filed the SIP with vermiculite just enough to cover the water reservoir.
On top of the vermiculite I re-used soil from an 18 gal SIP run previously.
I did put a pinch (1/2" or so) of worm casting on top of the soil.
I did drop in a handful or worms (red wigglers).

I wanted to see how this setup would do with little to no work… (No training --maybe later?)
I am using water only down the reservoir.
I am using kitchen food scraps to feed the worms only.
No amendments other than Food Scraps so far.

Plant was in a 1 gal outside prior to transplanting into the SIP.
7.5 gal SIP has been outside in our “Hot Arse” weather (see below) since it was planted into.

I planted Shoreline in this SIP on 5/26 from a one gallon.

Plant is 3 ft tall from top of 7.5g SIP to top of plant.

I originally constructed the 7.5g SIP’s for growing indoor and it performed well enough to phase out my 18 gal SIP’s.
I am running a 2 inch gap between the soil line and the lid on the SIP. The soil in not drying out so the 7.5g are looking good for growing outdoors so far. May try experimenting with wrapping the SIP to keep the temp down a bit. It’s been in the 100’s for a few weeks now…

21 Likes

Thats a beauty. :sunglasses:

Looks like it would work really well for dwarf fruit trees as well.

6 Likes

@Maddawg looks good homie! Glad that design worked out for you! Keep us updated on your progress!

8 Likes

Morning Y’all and Happy Sunday,
Here is a quick update on everything I’ve got going on at the moment.

Sunshine 4 #7,8 @30f everything is progressing nicely and we are getting to the fun part! Smells are more muted at the moment. Seems like I had the lights turned up too high as I had a bit of bleaching of some tops. Nothing horrible, but noticeable. I’ve raised the 315s up to the top of the tent and lowered the wattage on the QBs to 350w.

SSDD f2bx1 @28f still got that peppery-citrus funk. Slow grower, squat, and looking beautiful!

I’ve been hitting everything with Corn SSTs and FulPower and last night everyone got a silica, aloe, coconut, cytoplus, fish shit topwater.
Made a new Comfrey FPE that should be done shortly. I’ll start integrating this into future topwaters.

Hope y’all are easy like Sunday mornin’!
Be good family~ Crunchy

21 Likes

Thanks @LedZeppelin !
joint-cheech-and-chong

10 Likes

Oh yeah looking nice in there. I swear, i think our plants get better fed than I feed myself more often than not :sweat_smile:

Hope you’re having a great day :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Morning y’all,
What do you make of this yellowing on the edges of the tops. Was thinking it was light bleaching, but what do y’all think?

17 Likes

I would agree with your assessment… Not sure I would do anything about it though. your done stretching right?

You already turned your lights down, correct? did this come before or after that?

10 Likes

Yes, I believe the stretch is finally over with. 315s are raised to the max and qbs are at 350 watts. Think I caught it before it progressed too far.
Bleaching occurred before adjusting and raising lights.

11 Likes

cool cool, yeah, id just LITFA and keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt get worse.

9 Likes

Forgot till just now to come back and comment on your update…
Your SIP skills never cease to amaze me. That growth is crazy! Looking great brother!

8 Likes

Morning Y’all!

15 Likes

Ohhh, I love the videos! Nice one!

7 Likes

Thats a lot of tops buddy!!

7 Likes

god save the worms, cause theyre always saving us right?

11 Likes