CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

You can use a tea, just use much less than you did last time. I do like 10% of the container volume if I have to top water in anything.

2 Likes

Thank you bub! That’s helpful.

1 Like

Wait… that’s what I do already. I water in half a gallon per 5 gallon bucket. That’s 10%
I guess the ones that lost all their leaves are drinking alot slower.
Sounds like dry back is the magic bullet

1 Like

So do 5% next time. Water it in slowly as you can.

3 Likes

Will do! That’s tonight. They’re so hit that I’m sure they won’t come back but it’s good troubleshooting experience

1 Like

Definitely allow it to dry a little before you top water as others have said though. It’s a sip and I amend like every few weeks personally.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your input. You soil guys are wizards. Slow release ferts are like alchemy. I still haven’t wrapped my arms around it yet. I did much better consistently with hydro and salts but I’m here to up my game and be a competent dirt farmer.

1 Like

I’m no wizard. Others here are much more versed than I. Best of luck!

3 Likes

Happy Summer, everyone,
It’s been a minute! Haven’t really felt much like updating recently, but I’m still getting at it. Been super busy with the family, summer projects, and fun. Been getting out fishing every chance we get and my oldest son (6) and I tag teamed a couple decent sized hogs. So proud of my dude for handling them big gals like a boss! Yew!

Shout out to Higgy-Baby again for the opportunity to grow out all these genetics. So cool!

This picture is from 07/18

Day 24f

SCBD

Bubba

Space Monkey

Om4

Giesel

Chem D

DLA 5

Tahoe

MTSBWY ~ Crunch

17 Likes

Long live Guru

3 Likes

Micro cab with micro SIPs week 3.5 of flowering

Orange Squatch

Mango thai

12 Likes

Nice track. The plants look okay, too… haha.

I’m stoked to see how that Blue Dream turns out for you and to hear what you think of the smoke.

What’s that mean? I’ve seen you post it a few times now.

3 Likes

@minitiger

5 Likes

I wish people would stop renaming methods we’ve used for DECADES.

You started a whole thread, gave it a name, didn’t even explain what the hell SIP stands for, so I had to google it

…and it’s just a damn bottom wick feed system.

Wick feed. It already has a name.

Damn people and their egos, thinking they just came up with some breakthrough

2 Likes

Technically it’s sub irrigated planter and yeah maybe years ago growers used raised beds that allow roots to reach into a reservoir area but the feeding is also tied to the medium. Please show me a setup that mimicks an earthbox before like 2000 bc I haven’t seen it. Simple wicking and raised beds with elevated roots have certainly been around but these hybrid versions have not. The versatility is what I like bc you can feed via reservoir or just simply water and allow the wicking to activate dry amendments and even a living soil type arrangement. I get it though the terminology may annoy people

1 Like

Yeah we’re so ahead of the game! Nobody has ever grown like this! Even though we’re usually using a product that’s sold at the largest home improvement store in the country…

2 Likes

I don’t think you guys are smoking enough lol. Live and let live.

5 Likes

From the first post of this thread. You’re getting too worked up over a misunderstanding. Nobody involved in this thread invented this way of growing. Nor did anyone here claim to. Those people linked in the first post included. They were @CrunchBerries introduction to this style of growing. I hope you have a good day.

3 Likes

Cleaned up some non-productive stuff. Try to remain cordial in your responses even if they may contradict others thoughts, experience, and opinions.

8 Likes

Sub irrigation planters are a bit different from wick planters, even if the basic principles are the same.

I would have known them as earthboxes personally but have no issue with folks naming them whatever, the naming just prevents confusion with other systems as there is no wick involved here (normally) even if it is using a similar capillary action and bottom watering.

Not really worth getting knickers in a twist over anyway.

2 Likes