CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Haha! Okay. I definitely didn’t think it was a Spaceballs reference. Love that movie.

I googled “MTSBW” right after I asked and it said it stands for,”May the Science Be With You.” I thought,”Oh, okay, that’s cool that Crunch is putting that out there, I guess…” but I like your version a lot better haha.

2 Likes

Communion in Earthbox. Happy Frog + Bokashi Gnarly Barley Craft Blend Gaia Green bloom Seafood compost Malibus and EWC.

@CrunchBerries first Vaughn, now GURU… chefs kiss

SIP on good brother

6 Likes

Question for yall SIPers, doing my first try with a city picker SIP and the blue dream cut. Im curious how to tell when to add water to the rez - Ive been adding ~1 gallon every 2 days and it seems to be fine. Looking down the fill spout it has looked dry each time.

7 Likes

You can use a stick or a longer thin dowel and stick a cork on the 1 end and drop it down the tube. Mark lines on it for 1/2 and full res. You can use colored tape for visual aid :slight_smile: Hope this helps

5 Likes

I stand over it and if I see it’s empty , I refill. Nothing fancy. Even if it goes a day or two dry, it won’t harm the plant as the soil always remains so moist with the tarp cover on it.

6 Likes

excited-im

:joy:

Happy Thursday @CrunchBerries you rootin tootin grow style renamin coot.

3 Likes

Appreciate the tips! I read its about 1.5 gallons to fill completely? Seems to be working well so far, blue dream is a happy camper… kind of always is but it is a slower drinker. I put some stakes kind of close to the plant and they seem a bit wobbly, thinking stakes in the wicking corners might be more effective as they go a bit further in.

4 Likes

They will be a bit slow in the beginning thats why you let a little bit of dry out happen to get the roots to spread out. Once she’s established she’ll drink more. If you’re using a cover ot won’t use as much water because your not seeing much evaporation like you would with fabric pr plastic pots. This is partly were your aging happens in the perfect grow environment for microbial and fungal growth

2 Likes

Hey @ramblinrose! Glad you are giving SIPs a go!! I was informed by our mutual benefactor that the BD cut doesn’t like super wet feet, so I’ve been letting my reservoir go completely empty between refills.

I use a piece of bamboo to see how much water is in the reservoir. I initially fill the sip all the way to overflow, then mark the bamboo at the full line. Hope that’s helpful and happy Thursday!!

4 Likes

Good to know on BD. Maybe ill skip a fill to keep it happy. Good call on the stake to judge!
Yea im psyched to try it out and compare to the raised bed.

3 Likes

I’m running SCBD cut and prob about a week away from chopping. I’ve done the same SIP way as all my other plants and blue Dream seems like it’s having no issues with “wet feet”

2 Likes

SIPPIN outside:

^^Glitterbomb from Clone Conservatory Greg in Ukiah in BAS 3.0

^^Chem 91skva from FJ420 in Happy Frog

^^Walkensteins from @JohnnyPotseed in Vitality

Fwiw I like to see the bottom dry before refilling res. LABS and the like in res. Silica, FPJ, any nutes or teas top watered. Welcome @ramblinrose you gon dig it. Peace

11 Likes

Mornin’
Hope y’all are well!

Day 50

Santa Cruz Blue Dream

Bubba

Space Monkey

Om4

Giesel

Chem D

DLA 5 f2

Tahoe

22 Likes

Very nice, The whole garden lineup is a homerun!

7 Likes