Crushed Clear Quartz in living soil

I dig it @CARE_giver .

I have beads of Lavastone and Green Moss Agate in my plants which I pour over when watering. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks
I was looking as a substitute for perlite in the soil mix, they would be trouble as a mulch… all over the tent floor etc. :flushed:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I tried them as a perlite substitute and I didn’t get the drainage I expected. And they can eventually get waterlogged. I also mix it half and half with composted chicken manure to reduce clumping. It’s probably a great source of silicon, at least that’s what I’ve been told.

And of course, great for stopping fungus gnats.

3 Likes

" There is not much knowledge about sound communication in plants, but it is known that these can produce sound waves at relatively low frequencies such as 50–120 Hz. Plants emit also ultrasonic vibrations of 20–100 kHz, measured by connecting a sensor directly to the stem of the plant.14 Plants release sound emissions from different organs and at different growth stages or in response to different situations."

Maybe resonant frequencies :thinking:

It looks like a moving target too.

3 Likes

I love that. And love everything you guys have all added. Thank you so much everyone :sunglasses::pray::pray::pray:!

I think im gonna try out a few different finely crushed gemstones including garnet, regular quartz and maybe moss agate or garden quartz. Would be a fun little test :grin:.

4 Likes

Yes I definitely believe that. Everything has an energy signature to it no arguing that. That is my idea behind all this. Fun fun stuff :wink:.

3 Likes

I did some work with moss agates on my plants a long time ago. Id love to layer the tops of all my plants with small chunks eventually as a protective layer. Quite expensive to do it all at once. Id rather invest in a solid soil before I get to that though.

2 Likes

I have nothing to add regarding its usefulness but I will say the dust is pretty bad if you start crushing it. Look up a “frit crusher” if you wanna make you’re own quartz dust and use water to keep the airborne particulate down. I’m sure wearing a nice respirator is advised.

Quartz is pretty tough stuff, I do a little lampworking and my torch won’t melt 9mmx1mml quartz tube using oxy-propane. Won’t even get bendy and it’ll melt 1" boro rods within a couple minutes. Gotta step up to hydrogen to get it soupy. I can’t imagine how long it takes to break down

1 Like

There’s something to say about beds with basalt in them.I never have feed problems in those beds other than adjusting for Frankie that plant throws random nitrogen shit fits but i never have any Issues with everything else seems the basalt keeps things in line that i cant see with my eyes and im betting on that Magnetic quality with that basalt.Theres a huge difference with those plants and the ones with out

1 Like

Im definitely using basalt. Its tried and true.

Just adding a little of my own magic to see what happens :wink::+1:.

1 Like

I dont think ground quarts will be bio available to the plant. May bring positive vibes though.

4 Likes

Stumbled across this without even looking for it if anyone’s interested.

Biodynamic farming is fascinating to me though and feels so hearty and a bit mystical.

1 Like

Yep and charred hulls turns into basically pure silica and carbon an amazing amendment for soil.

3 Likes

Most construction sand like concrete sand is mostly quartz. I personally think it’s the best media for growing pot because the plants I pull out of sand always smoke better than my plants in peat. One of these days hopefully soon I can get a truckload of sand to do a proper grow.

3 Likes

In sand? Wow thats quite interesting. I think the communities been very open minded to new ways of growing the best weed. But theres so many possibilities out there for improvement. I feel like were a bit set in our ways currently to a degree.

Im all for testing new stuff out.

4 Likes

Check out The Rodale book of Composting, they had a section dealing with growing in sand and that book.
The Rodale Institute keeps updating it but it goes back to the 1930’s IIRC. They also have several other books on organic gardening as well.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Sure chemistry might be at play but the particle size alone, of sand can improve soil structure. Soil by definition contains a mixture of rock particles.

3 Likes

I actually have the first book that Rodale published on organic gardening. It is just as good today as it was then. :rainbow:

4 Likes