Are you Magnetizing your Water?

I’m reading “The regenerative grower’s guide to garden amendments” by Nigel Palmer. The Author is briefly mentioning the positive effects magnetized water supposedly has on plant growth. My first thought was “this guy is a freaking engineer what kind of esoteric bs is this?”. I did a quick search and found some articles on the subject. "The major effects of magnetized water with practical importance are the following:

1. Magnetized water enhances plant growth and development.
  2. Irrigation with magnetized water alleviates abiotic stresses … such as drought and salt stresses.
  3. Magnetized water can be used for saving irrigation water;…
  4. Water magnetization may be a promising physical treatment that can be used in phytoremediation technologies for cleaning up heavy metal polluted water and soil."

source: From mystery to reality: Magnetized water to tackle the challenges of climate change and for cleaner agricultural production - ScienceDirect

What are you guys and gals thinking about that? Is anybody in commercial agriculture using this?

10 Likes

dope concept, interested. never heard of it but makes enough sense to probably work i think too

1 Like

i’d file it up there with the alkaline water fad. not that it doesn’t work, just sounds like a marketing gimmick to me. with more research and proven effects it may turn out differently. half the studies they link to were not even using magnetized water but magnetic forces applied directly to the plants.

4 Likes

Or you could just Be good gardener
And grow monsters naturally .
Seems over though out, like complicated for no real
Reason.

4 Likes

Horse manure, magnetic horse manure :laughing:

12 Likes

Cow shit and a broad fork works pretty damn good.

6 Likes

Neodymium nitrogen

7 Likes

:rofl:

15 Likes

12 Likes

In commercial agriculture farmers want to save every cent. And if it works, I suspect there are greenhouse operators using it.

Seems like it works both ways but it would be interesting to know what the differences are regarding the mechanisms at work and the effects on the water/plant.

I’m pretty sure if you tell a green house operator/farmer you have a cheap method to increase yield, save irrigation water and increases drought resistance he might see some reasons.

Good one.

3 Likes

Magic everywhere in this bitch.

5 Likes

WOOT WOOT!

4 Likes

I would not throw the magnets in the soil as we all know cannabis loves Heavy Metal.

6 Likes

Some friends of mine put copper spirals in their flowering pots for regular flowers and they swear by it.

2 Likes

I went to the link and it definitely has a lot of big words put together to form sentences.

5 Likes

I know water has 4 stages to it, contrary to popular belief that there is only 3 stages.
Magnets to me are bit like Lecithin is to edibles, a bit of it, does make the goodies in cannabis more readily bio available for quicker absorption, but you certainly do not need it.
A magnetic device may cause some electrons to rearrange, for how long?, and how long does that effect stay in place? No article even speaks of this that I read, anyway.
Maybe if they add some healing crystals, or some chanting, then I’m in.

6 Likes

I thought once you pour water on a magnet, it stops working?

1 Like

Does anyone else remember the machines they used to sell in hydro catalogs that claimed to produce ultrasonic noise that would help your plants grow better/faster/stronger? They went for big bucks too, like 5k if I recall correctly. This reminds me of that haha.

5 Likes

Magnetized water has been shown to increase waters conductivity and evaporation rate, but it also causes the fallout and precipitation of necessary inorganic molecules like Calcium and Magnesium.
Although it is noted as having a positive effect on plants grown in soil, given the fallout of inorganics, magnetism might not be useful for the water used in hydroponic grows; the precipitation suggested would need to be monitored in order to understand the potential for any arising deficiencies.

5 Likes

Was it this one? :joy:

Sounds do stimulate stomata and can affect yield

2 Likes