Curing - over dried? Rh is lower than wanted - add boveda?

Hey there!

I’ve had the pleasure of cutting down and drying my first harvest. I dried the plant in a tent and to be honest the humidity in the tent while drying was lower than ideal - about 30-45% over 10 days. We’ve trimmed the buds and placed them in jars. I’ve been burping them once per day to exchange gasses although the rh is sitting at 35-49% inside each jar.

Is this a point I need to add boveda packs? They’ve been in jars for 4 days now and I’m contemplating adding those packs to add moisture back in for the curing period.

Thank you!

3 Likes

When I want to add moisture to my jarred weed this is what I do and have been doing it for 20+ yrs. bromigos…

22 Likes

Phil! What exactly are you doi g there? Water curing? It looks as if you topped off with water or added fresh defol/leaves possible both?

Adding moisture to my dried/cured buds, it works bromigos…an old growers trick.

7 Likes

So I’m 99% sure the pic is of a leaf in a dry jar but it also looks like the jars are full of water :thinking:

2 Likes

I have heard of this before. I may get to try it soon, I have some a little overdry bud and a LOT of new fan leaves that my babies won’t mind sacrificing.

2 Likes

If you have cured/dried weed and it crumbles when you roll joints just add a leaf in your jars to add moisture bromigos…try it…

6 Likes

I had thought of using stems but leaves make more sense. From the picture it does look like there’s water in the jars though, I think 4ftfarmer was confused aswell so I just wanted to clarify.

1 Like

No water involved in this growers trick…

4 Likes

In fact, I just now picked a nice fan leaf and put it in said jar. I will report back here tomorrow. Not that I don’t believe. Just never have done this before. My gandpa used to recondition his tobacco with a slice of fresh cut apple.

5 Likes

Uh-Oh!!! Now you tell me.

2 Likes

Ive used orange peal etc! A potleaf seems more appropriate!

If don’t have a fan leaf add a piece of lettuce in you jars an orange peel will alter the flavor bromigos…

1 Like

If they were mine I’d get some boveda.

I have some. want to try this. I have heard a lot of folks doing it, I just always have a brain fart and forget.

1 Like

I would advocate for a better drying process but the boveda does help if you’ve gone too far. I did a test and it makes a big difference.

1 Like

Good call, been doing this quite awhile too. If I don’t have any plants at the time I just use half of a qtip moistened with water and go from there. If it needs more remoisten it and put it back in. If it’s too wet burp it til it’s back where I want it. Your herb that has become over dried and lost smell will be sticky and stinky again

It’s generally after it’s been in the jar awhile and I keep opening it to take some out that I have to do this

Okay, got it. So sounds like it’s indeed a good time to start rehydrating? I have Boveda 62 packs on hand so I’ll probably use those

2 Likes

yep, I’ve heard adding orange or lemon peels to your cured-dried buds adds flavor…sounds good to me

2 Likes