Boveda vs Boost or nothing?

What’s the general consence’s use them or not _ did side-by side (with/without) they did keep the buds “moist” but they seemes to affect negitively the taste and smell (none to speak of) but jared were better tastinig But not as moist ; if use packs? AGAIN all thoughts are appreciated _thanks for re-visting this topic to all members ( hard to teach a old horse new tricks)

3 Likes

I hear so many people love them…and they say they have great results.

So I tried them side by side and it DID affect the taste on that test I did. Fortunately it was just 1 jar I used them in…

If you get your bud jarred between 50 and mid 60RH range you should not need them IMO…mid 60s seems to be the sweet spot for me in terms of RH. Joints burn perfect and smell and taste are great.

Just my 2 centsz not a fan of these. That being said, it might be different if you use them after a good cure in the jar, but I doubt it. I threw them in right after drying and bud went into the jar for cure.

2 Likes

Been using Boveda for years. I think they work great. Never tried the alternatives.

4 Likes

Jar them at 60%. No packs required.

If you overdry then boveda will help.

6 Likes

I dont use neither of them…

16 Likes

Yea ! maybe strain might be a factor - but thinking about it ; it shouldn’t -any rate NO use for me hvae a few Grove Bags, heard some good tings about them

I dislike em, always find the weed subpar after using packs. But im a weed snob. I have no trouble with herb over drying when im smoking right out the jar though so never seen a reason to use em

2 Likes

Not a fan here. Tried em. Meh. Sealed in Mason jars at the right humidity works just fine and doesn’t alter it in any way.

3 Likes

Yep I just start filling one jar to see where I land on RH and if that is good I jar the rest. If Im at or above 70RH I just take it out on my trim bin and let it dry another 6 to 8 HRs and that usually does the trick

4 Likes

I dont even check anymore. I go by touch. It’s obvious if there’s too much moisture. I dry trim these days so you get a pretty good feel for where the moisture content is at. When I started, jarring up moist bud happened often. When you lose buds to mold you learn real quick lol.

Those salt lamps are supposed to cleanse the air somewhat aren’t they? I wonder if the salt in the bovedas is doing the same thing in the jars. Shame to lose all those aromas.

5 Likes

I/m with you _ only let hang dry for 2-3 days then I “sweat them” ( cut moist bud off stems and then in plastic tubs were I seal them); opening them up (tubs) evey day till they are dry But moist – then I jar them opening the jars only once or twice for 1 week

Yeah for me, wide mouth masons, semi dried bud, and time, work a treat.

2 Likes

FYI - If one uses those mason jard lids with the RH/TEMP on them - heard that once you got the proper rh/temps - you should remove them (lids) because they leak> (not a proper seal)

1 Like

That’s what I use except I went to the “amber” colored mason jars – work better (any light can affect a proper cure ) but they cost a bit more

1 Like

I don’t use mason jars. I use rubber fliptops.

2 Likes

I’m with @PhilCuisine fan leaves are most ideal for adding moisture back into your jars. If none are available I use a moistened q-tip. It’s best to jar your stuff at the proper humidity and keep em sealed thru cute though. If you need some flower before then set some aside in another jar that will will open and close while allowing the other jars a proper cure at proper humidity

2 Likes

This is how I solve my light problems folks…why throw the box away? Totally no light, gotta keep it simple…and the boxes are stackable…

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is already a thread on here dedicated to this very subject.

2 Likes

years ago we used Orange peeling to re-intorduce moisture – this works !!!

1 Like

Grapefruit peels overnight salvaged a slightly over dried harvest for me.

I put the plant in Grove bag with a wifi RH sensor. After 2 hours the humidity dropped to 57% and was still trending downwards. So I put some grapefruit peel in it overnight and it brought the humidity too high,70% So I removed the peel and burped the bags 3 days until it settled around 64%. Have left the grove bags sealed since then and they are holding a steady 63-64% humidity. Been 2 weeks now.

1 Like