Current Events (NonCannabis)

Hope to go next year.

4 Likes

Strictly speaking, this is not a “current event”.

It is a plausible explanation for something I have wondered about for decades.
Hmmmm?

…

3 Likes

I thought about where to post this article and settled on this thread because the piece is not really about cannabis.
However, what really caught my attention in the article was the reference to the outstanding excellence of LED lights.

I have been on the sidelines watching the development of LEDs for cannabis growing for several years now.
The fact is that I have amassed a relatively large collection of various HIDs over the years and found it difficult to justify giving LEDs a try. Heat is not a concern for me, neither is needing to reduce my electric bill. Considering that I have access to the sun throughout the year and grow the majority of my plants with natural lighting all year long, I have not been motivated to give new LEDs a try.
However, I have found @Baudelaire threads and posts(regarding LEDs) to be very informative and enticing, and the price point he offers seems more than reasonable.

This is what I found to be the most compelling takeaway from the article!

Excerpt:
The “speed breeding” technique uses LED lights in intensive periods of 22 hours per day—which emit more blue and red lights that allow plants to grow quicker.

Here is the piece:
…
GROWING PLANTS WITH ‘SPEED BREEDING’ COULD BE THE KEY TO FEED THE WORLD’S EXPLODING POPULATION

BY SYDNEY PEREIRA ON 1/1/18 AT 2:57 PM

5 Likes

Hahah…saw this in AM and it made me laugh.
However, it is a sad commentary on contemporary society’s (unhealthy, IMO),
reliance on smart phones.

6 Likes

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elon-musk-rebuild-puerto-rico-power-grid-solar_us_59d6edafe4b072637c431233

3 Likes

World’s elites snowed-in at their "“global warming” summit in Davos.
https://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/davos.jpg

5 Likes

that guy has a cool job, but i bet he can’t smoke weed while he works neener neener

1 Like

He impressed me with this chat, a lot of truth was spoken.

1 Like

This is quite a disturbing story about the homeless problem in LA.
I knew it was bad, but it appears to be getting much worse.

It is seemingly becoming an intractable problem.

…

3 Likes

Interesting i think regardless of your stance.

4 Likes
2 Likes

safe injection spaces and access to cheap/legal heroin (and possibly cocaine, haven’t looked in to the results of legal cocaine programs for addicts in UK/europe, but i’m sure it’s net positive).

once addicts no longer have to spend all day panhandling or stealing to get their fix or paying exorbitant prices for low quality dope they can get in to stable housing and work towards actually becoming a productive member of society (i.e. holding down a job, reduced crime, reduced court/medical costs, less spread of disease etc) and at that point they will either want to get clean or not

and drastically reduced overdose deaths. insite in vancouver has had over 3.6 million injections and 6,440 overdose interventions and not a single death since they opened in 2003

3 Likes

a friend of mine likes to grab screen-shots off the TV news - take a look - this is why we need a lot of weed in the US - we have to live with this! I think Europe dumped all their inbred morons on us during the colonial era

4 Likes

I know I know, shortest shutdown ever. But still, who wants this to happen?..

3 Likes

Well.
Not a good idea to sit on the toilet for too long playing mobile games!

Holy Cow!

…
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/61719-mans-rectum-falls-out-of-body.html

3 Likes

Damn herm’ crayfish!

4 Likes

What a great idea?

Google thinks it can diagnose what requires tests to confirm, but for sure, they will have a detailed image of your retina.

I don’t think so Google. :middle_finger:

4 Likes
1 Like

Things are getting tense.

1 Like

Satan 2! omfg. wtf. Are you serious. Why???

2 Likes