CYCO nutrients: good or bad?

Curious what you guys think of CYCO nutrients. They are super expensive but are they worth it or are people just over paying?

2 Likes

bad bad bad. they might not have garbage in them here. but they do in other countries. fuck those guys. jacks 321 man. check it out

4 Likes

Cool thanks. They are so Damn exapensive as well.

1 Like

it’s probably so expensive because they’re targeting the segment of the population which thinks price == quality, which can be a great business strategy … it’s probably 98% water anyways

4 Likes

@legalcanada Probably and paying for the cool packaging haha. I’m using it now because my local hydroponics shop gave me a free box of the stuff.

2 Likes

:+1:

Is cost your primary motivating factor? If so, nothing matches on sheer cheap-assery with mixing your own salts.

There’s a lot of info around the Jack’s 321 mix, but for a glimpse:

Jacks 5-12-26 - 25lb bag is ~$60 - for ref you use 3.6 grams per gallon, a 25lb bag will yield around 3150 gallons of nutrient. (11339 grams / 3.6g per gal)

You then use Calcinit (1.8g/gal) and Epsom Salts (magnesium source - 1.2g/gal) to round it out, which are comparatively dirt cheap like Jack’s is.

1 Like

@8k_feet No I usually use Dutch nutrient. But my local hydro shop gave me this kit for free. I’ve been using it but am about to run out of a few. Noticing the price is damn high I wanted to hear some opinions on it.

I don’t find it any better or worse than my Dutch nutrient stuff.

How much does the jacks go for?

2 Likes

I bought this pack online. Was a huge sale. Paid 100cad for it all.

It is actually working well. PH is hard to maintain when using their silica additive.

Jack’s next round… looking forward to cheap nutes!

1 Like

I kept on using cyco. I have finished grows with the veg A and B and the bloom A and B. So I’ve kept my cost down just using those. All the other bottles aren’t really needed.

1 Like

I only use their pH down, but it is excellent and a $10 bottle lasts a very long time.

It’s just relatively concentrated phosphoric acid, nothin’ else. I’m a big Dyna Gro fan but their pH Down is weak as hell compared to Cyco. Everything other hydro store is either diluted, expensive, or contains non-mineral acids.

Best off-the-shelf pH down on the market IMO.

2 Likes

Will have to check it out.
I’m just using GH PH down now. Used grow tek in the past. Find GH is more diluted, going through it faster, but could be in part to the PH issues I’ve been having with cyco. Great results so far from their lineup.

1 Like

GH pH down contains citric acid blended with phosphoric acid, it doesn’t hold pH as well, which may explain your issues.

I stopped silica altogether and I have much less issues with pH and and precipitation. Might just use it as a foliar from now on.

2 Likes

I usually stick with something for long time if it works well. I just harvested using them only and it was a very good haul off 20 plants. I cut the directions in half as well so it does last a long time. Super easy to use as well. Quick and simple.

yeah,i used cyco,they worth it

This is old. I have been using cyco. Having major problems when I feed. I have a Hanna ph meter not cheap. I use I thought was a good ph up or down. I’m glad I seen this because I felt like it was to oily. I have seen topics from 2016 on this problem. Not on OG. I figured it was the ph that I use. Reading this I know now. This could be my problems. To late I trashed their products today.

1 Like

It does make fat buds. No lie. I knew something was wrong. I had the full kit. I thought it was because of that and a few other things. Maybe old or had gotten frozen. To late now. I read what they’re ph did. I wasn’t putting it together. I do know. Don’t know how I found this topic. Been looking for a reason for 3 months. Can’t believe I missed it. Thanks for sharing. One Love I even started one here about their products.

I use the platinum series on my flood table i have no problems with it its tru in other countries they have some bad stuff but the stuff in canada and u.s. uses solid ingredients. It can is pricey i get mine free tho so that helps i will say make sure you use the cleanse bc it does have high salts

1 Like

They gave me another kit. Was told to run coco with it. It is salty. No I paid full price. Killed 14 or so plants. I got ripped off. It was a promotional item. The grow store guy sold it to me. So I’m not real happy about using it again. If you look it’s dirt cheap.

1 Like