Dark Devil auto or Dark Sparks auto experiences?

I hear ya, having the same issues here with the outdoor.

The quarter pound autos I’ve grown have all taken up about half of a 2x2 space. My first 2 auto runs I stuffed 4 plants in a 2x2 and hauled a half pound both times. Both times I did this was with 35w per sqft of SIL lighting.

@KingGhidora runs 3 autos in 3 gal pots, in a 2x4 tent. He’s getting a little over a pound per run.

So instead of plant count think about it in terms of space.

Ends up being about 50-60g per square foot.

4 Likes

Exactly, gotta balance the two though, and rootzone, because I can’t control how big they get at flip except with the pot size… at least to the best of my knowledge?

I’m in a 4x4 (actually 52"x52") space with 700-ish W of solstrips.

So roughly 38W/square foot. Should do well. Also got watering DTW on an interval timer so that will be easy-peasy

New at dialing in autos… but gotta do at least one balls-to-the wall run…

1 Like

This strain, and autos in general in my experience, respond really well to super cropping. Even if you just flop over the main top once mid-late veg stage the rest catch up and fill out so quick.

Edit: if it were me I’d be aiming for 9 plants for that space in 1-2gal pots if you are running dtw. 6 if running 3gal pots.
I’ve seen killer scrog runs with autos too. It’s all about keeping the big tops lower than the small tops.

3 Likes

Alright! My direction is hereby set; 1gal pots, DTW :slight_smile:

Thanks again @TrevorLahey

3 Likes

Damn a qp…nice. Was that 24 hour lighting?

1 Like

20/4 actually. I’ve done it with 2 different auto strains too.

I’d say one of the FAMs will be close to a QP too and it was also grown in a 3L container under 24hr light.

4 Likes

You should be able to pull a couple pounds out of that setup without much difficulty with a decent strain and not making too many mistakes. I run a 2x4 tent at around 320W of SolStrips in a scrog and have been consistently pulling a little over a pound. I’ve done 4x and 3x 3gal pots both are pretty much the same result - your goal is a full canopy. Personally, I would probably do 6x 3 gal just because more plants = more potential for problems and more maintenance and I’m kinda lazy. But whichever route you go I think you will be quite pleased with the results!

5 Likes

Dark devil auto was a great smoker but small yield.

1 Like