What's best for perpetual setup?

Hey World,
Im having a hard time deciding what’s best for yield, 3 36" tents, 2 for flower, and 1 for veg or 1 96" tent for flower, and a 36" tent for veg?

The lights I’m gonna use are 2 hlg 300r and 1 hlg 300 b-spec

Thanks

1 Like

i would do 2 4x4 for flower and 1 2x4 or 3x3 for veg if you have the space. perpetual can be done with 1 veg and 1 flower space but its not ideal. youll want 2 of those lights per flower tent if you can swing it

1 Like

I have 3 tents

two smaller ones for veg & clones
a 2x4 with 240w & a 3x3 with 320w 4k for veg
and a 4x4 with a 480w 3k kingbrite LED for bloom.

If I was going to do it again I’d get a 5x5 with a 600w+ light, or even bigger.

More room with a stronger light is always better for flower,
for veg you you can get away with a smaller tent,
likely won’t burn plants in veg with LEDs so you can get pretty tall, almost touching the light, before you need to move them into the flower tent

3 Likes

I’m running 2 4 x4 tents. Veg tent has 2 HLG 100s and flower I have a HLG 550 v2. You can get away with just 2. If I could I would add a 3rd tent for cloning and propagation of seeds. Tip: clone your plants 1st then run the moms and run from clone from then on out. Its a little bit quicker to grow from clones than seeds.

2 Likes

How about one big tent and autos? :grin:

4 Likes

Never ran an auto in my life. Aren’t they lacking potency wise to photos?

1 Like

Not really. Like anything there are better and worse genetics. That being said autos have come a long way since the old Lowryder days.

10 Likes

Id go 1small tent and a big flower tent. Make the small tent fill 50% of the flower space every 30 days. Female clones. Run the b spec in veg 2 r specs in flower tent

3 Likes

Any Breeder you perfer? Sorry for the hijack @Cory

1 Like

Been a while since I’ve bought seeds, but I really like Mephisto (if you can find them), Delicious, Sweet Seeds, and Afterthought Autos. Though mostly I grow my own stuff or stuff from @Mr.Sparkle lately.

5 Likes

@ReikoX creates some :fire: autos.
His LRUV has a special place in most of the OG community’s hearts. That smell :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Done any dark devil auto by sweet seeds? Got some because it looks awesome but havnt had room for it yet.

2 Likes

I run both autos and regulars. I have a 4x8 veg tent which includes plenty of space for growing big autos, plus a 5x5 for flowering regs.
If I had three tents I don’t think I would dedicate each to particular phase of growth. I think I would run one crop per tent, each of a different strain. They’d be staggered to avoid lengthy sentences in trim jail - maybe one big harvest every 6 weeks.

4 Likes

I’ve grown some F2s and crosses of the Dark Devil given to me by Mr.Sparkle. pretty buds, decent smoke.

2 Likes

Yeah I try to finish my autos just as I flip my photos to 12/12 when they shared the tent. It’s a c*nt to time it right. I tend to grow autos more for personal because of the higher CBD content. Knees are shot and I suffer with CPPD. Now I’ve stopped creating fem seeds and messing with cannabis genetics my small tent is used for autos only.

Left side front is @ReikoX SBR fem cross
Back left blueberry auto from silverleaf
Two on right side are White widow auto also from silverleaf

6 Likes

@ReikoX has a valid if somewhat sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: answer, but the majority of stubborn people are suggesting 1 smaller veg, 1 bigger flower, unless your space requirements limit you from “going big”. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Bro I like them big as you well know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

With the lights your using, you could run 3 3x3 tents. I would be worried to go bigger and I would worry about running 2 in one tent even with a 5 x 5. My 2 100s is all I need for my veg tent. I have a 3rd 100 but its still in the box. jmo

3 Likes

More light = bigger plants and higher yield BUT believe it or not there is a point where you can have to much light and it causes issues. I run 650w solstrips in a 4x4. I’ve grown some monster plants under it. Had a few 12oz + plants but I also grow in rdwc so a huge factor is my medium that I use.

5 Likes

I have 3 little sprouts of DD going, will let ya know in 8-10 weeks :wink:

I really like the Black Cream from sweet seeds. Grew out 2 to finish so far, got another 5 going, very consistent. Reversed one to pollinate with (self, plus cross to the DD and a few other autos).

2 Likes