Deals on Nutes, Amendment, soil

Does anybody have any updated info on ferts, amendment, or soil? If so where and how much?
I found Marine Magic Dry Kelp on Amazon for 10 bucks. Makes 128 gallons, and I found a good potting mix at Lowe’s called sta green 64 quart for 11 bucks…

5 Likes

Check your immediate surroundings for dandelion, thistle and nettle. Very rich in minerals, chop them up and mix into your soil or topdress. Free is the best deal!

Also maybe check for hemp seed meal deals too, costs about the same as kelp.

7 Likes

elementnutrients.com Free sample, $10 Shipping, all-in-one mix, makes 50 gallons!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@corey sorry I can’t be any help. I would like to know what you think of that soil from Lowes? I would be a cheap volume booster I could amend if it is of descent quality. That’s cheap enough to use in outdoor holes to improve soil

1 Like

I used there sta green. It’s working great

1 Like

I need to see if it is available local, Thanks Brother

1 Like

Looks like my local store has it. I’ll be making a trip tomorrow, Thanks Again

1 Like

If anyone needs raw nutrients, I strongly recommend MBferts. You could grow an acre of weed with a few hundred dollars. 20lbs of KNO3 is like $35 free ship. Calnit is like $25/20lbs.

You can get a lot of stuff a lot of places but the free ship is king.

5 Likes

@corey at least consider comfrey also very mineral dense bio accumulator roots go deep and the foliage grows extremely fast three or four harvest a year comes back year after year chop and drop right in place or make a tea from chopped leaves .

Just don’t take a rotortiller to it or you’ll have hundreds of plants make sure it’s the Bocking 14 the type doesn’t spread !

2 Likes

Thanks bud! I did some research on it, and It sounds great! I will do that. Thanks man.

1 Like

I thought you mixed the kelp in the soil from what I have read.
I haven’t grown yet.

Lots of dandelions here Do you use the whole plant Do you use green or dry How fine do you chop?
I have the nettles but have such a bad reaction to the nasty thing
I like free

Thanks for the link

2 Likes

Wow. Not for Canada lol

Haha dang.

2 Likes

I’ve been using only the leaves, but the flowers are fine too, I prefer to eat them tho.
Chop them however you feel like. Roughly is fine.
Gardening or construction gloves are useful for nettles and thistles.
Tree leaves and grass clippings are great too.

2 Likes

Lots of those too Thanks - pine needles OK or too acid?

1 Like

I don’t know enough about pine needles, but seems like not many plants like to grow under pine trees so I wouldn’t use them.

1 Like

You can do either or with the dry stuff. I plan on using it as a top dressing once now and once when my plants start to flower.