Top dressing fertilizers

So I’ve been using fox farm for a while now I’m just Loki g to get away from mixing up all these salts and lately it’s been a goose chase…

What I’m getting at is is like to get away from the fox farm nutrients …

Im looking for a top dressing fertilizer veg/bloom that’s practically set and forget…

I have had good luck using garden tone but the insoluble nitrogen screwed me later in flower .

Any input would help!

11 Likes

I am a huge fan of neem seed meal. High N and has all the benefits of a neem root drench.
In flower i use NFTG granules.

4 Likes

You’ll get tons of responses! Dr earth, Stonington blend from coast of main, bas… those are probably the places I would start! All super solid. Most are omri listed.

8 Likes

Down to Earth 4-4-4 and 4-8-4 dry amendments is all I’ve ever used my whole life. Works amazing outdoor, works amazing indoor. You can use just the 4-8-4 1tbsp/gallon from start to finish. Mix it in the soil before veg and top dress a week before flower and you just water it.

Edit: it’s also extremely cheap. Less than $20 for a 5lb box. OMRI listed. Even the box is compostable :joy:

16 Likes

Dr earth is best. I use with a brew of worm casting tea and also use grass clippings and yard weeds to soak in rain water or lake water as free fertilizer.

4 Likes

dr earth is great but that was spoken like a true fan boy :laughing:

3 Likes

Another vote for Dr earth and coast of maine. Both high quality and you can’t go wrong with either.

6 Likes

Dr earth. Easy peasy, especially for outdoor in the ground. we use it in all our raised beds too with ewc and compost

5 Likes

Damn thanks for all the comments already !

Dr.Earth good for flowering stage as wel …
It is such a pain in the ass mixing up everything and it gets expensive !

3 Likes

You will get into the swing of things and develop brand loyalties yourself.
Im lucky to work at a nursery shop and just grab what ever is on sale, new or given to me for samples.
I have never had a plant ask for a product by name.

6 Likes

+1…

2 Likes

Yea just cut back on worm casting tea or diy fertilizer once vegged out. No nitrogen once flowering.

3 Likes

*low nitrogen once flowerig
nitrogen is needed for all plant growth.

6 Likes

That sounds like the perfect job honestly. My garden would be insane.

:rofl: you have no idea
The problem is, in the burbs, I have run out space.

1 Like

I’ve noticed my casting tea takes about a week to start doing anything nitrogen wise, then lasts about a month after last feed. Dr earth takes over by itself after veg for me. Depending on how plant responds ect.

2 Likes

A foliar seems to get it there quicker, if it’s an emergency. Or even if it’s not

2 Likes

Are you in Canada?
If yes I would recommend Gaia Green for a dry ammendment to premix your medium.
Also great for top dressing.
Maybe available in other countries by now I’m not sure.

8 Likes

Yes sir I’m in US …I have some but didn’t like the results maybe I was impatient with it and some plants needed more …going to the grow shop now

1 Like

I bought these for this run. They’re working really well as far as I can tell. I still add calmag to my water and ph balance it.

2 Likes