Decarboxylation help

I’m not positive if less decarb will yield a more “up” effect, but decarbing past the point of 100%(btw also don’t know if you can ever get full conversion) you will degrade the thc and it will become more sleepy or couch-locky. Ya like how I just make up words? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use the word “degrade”.
The molecule simply changes into CBN, which is also beneficial.

CBN: Benefits and Uses

• Sleep aid. CBN has shown to have sedative properties that could relieve conditions like insomnia. …
  • Pain relief. In a study of rats, CBN use showed relief in muscle and joint pain conditions like fibromyalgia. …
  • Neuroprotective properties.
  • Antibacterial

Studies on CBN have found that it may be a potent antibacterial agent.
In lab settings, CBN was tested on strains of MRSA bacteria that are resistant to traditional antibiotics.
Researchers found it to be a potent antibacterial agent against these resistant strains.
Perhaps in the future, we will see CBN being used to fight off bacterial infections that our usual antibiotics can’t heal.

3 Likes

If you think about it:
When you harvest early VS late there is a difference. Its because some Resin is ripe earlyer, and therefore some Portion of the Resin bud is degrading already into CBN. !?!

So. If this is true, when decarbing for edibles, there should always be a certain Percentage in a riper Stage, hence by following the Charts above, some a bigger portion of Resin may probably infact surpass the Point where it Degrades to CBN.
CBN equals sleepy effect.

2 Likes

All the different cannabinoids strengthen eachother, so it’s good to have a bit of everything.

Eating some raw bud along with your decarbed bud is extra beneficial as well.

You can harvest colas of the same plant at different times, grind it all up and mix it together as well.

Then you can also decarb in different batches at different temperatures and different lengths of time and mix that together again.

That should give you a very complete and potent medicine that will soothe and heal a great many ailments when eaten in small dosages daily.

3 Likes

well, i am after the Effect.

I learned that even among pue Sativas, you want to harvest at a Point in Time when it resonates with effect. Some pure Sativas can still have a dark charakter… per example oldtimers haze… A very pure Sativa. … A person who grew oldtimers haze said he absolutely disliked an early harvest… it made him nervous, whera a later Harvest was nice… - thats cause oldtimers haze has a bit a dark introverted charakter .

so, it depends on the Strain … harvest when it resonates with the Strains individual Charakter .

1 Like

I’ve noticed that there’s always one day where they suddenly smell extra sweet, that’s a good indicator for harvest time as well, from my personal experience.

Trust your nose as well as your eyes.

3 Likes

thanks !! like 1hr20min on high then 3 hr(+/-) low ?

yea ! that is what I thought the longer the “cook” time the more higher rates of CBD’s so now 1hr and 2 minutes high (200 degrees) then another 1 and 1/2 hrs on low ( have to check what temps at low but can get 190-200 on high. Gettting ready to “cook” trim and kief into butter have to get my times down !!

To clarify:

CBD = cannabidol
CBN = cannabinol

both are cannabinoids :slight_smile:

2 Likes

when baking don’t exceed 300 degree in the oven ----. over will de-grade it !! longer bake times at 300

We’re on an international forum, please always specify Celsius or Fahrenheit or Kelvin.
300 Celsius would be about the temperature of the burning end of a blunt.
We don’t want anyone ruining their batch. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always just thrown mine in a crock pot over night on low with the butter, weed and 2 cups of water so it won’t burn. Don’t really see the point of decarb the weed in the oven first if ultimately it’s going in a butter🤷🤦

Since water is a polar molecule that won’t bind to oils or resins but will attach itself to chlorophyll at the end when u put the butter into the fridge to harden u will dump out all the water at the bottom after it does which is just full of the crap u don’t want anyways

You can also remelt the butter in more water several times to flush the green and any polar contaminants back out for a cleaner less green butter

Exactly how low are we talking here?
If it would be boiling you wouldn’t have any THC left.

Crockpot only got 2 settings low and high, that’s why I add the water so nothing burns and regulates temp better, the butter I’ve made many times always turns out gnarly strong with my 35gram of trim to 1 lb of butter ratio :wink:

2 Likes

300 degree’s Fahrenheit – Sorry

1 Like

what your crock pot “high” mine is 200 Farhrenheit on high

1 Like

That’s a great question, no clue though. Just know it’s been working for me for the last decade regardless of the crockpot I’ve used as long as it’s turn only on low

2 Likes

Then it’s probably somewhere just under the boiling point of water (100 Celsius).
I imagine decarbing at around 95 degrees Celsius would take a whole night. :slight_smile:

Good things take time, I’m sure it would be fine after 8 or 12 hours but a full 24 and that shit is infused ready to go

2 Likes

This thread has some great info you may be interested in.

(Decarboxylation studies)

1 Like