Does anybody out there eat their trim?

So I became curious, and I googled eating raw cannabis. It appears that raw cannabis is a full blown super-food, and it seems I should be cutting off a few fresh sugar leaves every day and eating them… at a minimum. Now to clarify this wouldn’t be for a buzz… just for potential health benefits. I’m throwing so much trim away anyways

Does anybody here do this? Has anyone noticed a benefit? Are there any good known ways of consuming it easily that you know of? They aren’t that great raw lol… I was thinking of maybe chopping it up and drinking it as a tea perhaps…

19 Likes

Howdy @methodanon, this is a topic of great interest to me! Thank you for starting a conversation on something rarely discussed around here. You’re awesome!

I think a great deal of healing comes from full use of the plant, specifically the acid forms before decarboxylation. Cannabis juice and cannabis sprouts will be very popular super foods soon again I think. Have you heard of Dr. William Courtney yet? He’s a strong advocate for the acid forms of cannabinoids as they relate to human health as well. Hope you’re having an awesome day. Many blessings and much love

12 Likes

I used to know a few people that would drink weed teas to help with pain. Usually with some honey or regular tea bags. Ive also known folks that swore by juicing leaves every day. I knew one older couple that just endlessly vegged huge plants just for the leaves lol. If I remember right, one of them had beaten cancer and it was one of the things they believed really helped. It certainly cant hurt though!

Another popular trick I know really helps people is what they used to call “green dragon” where theyd stuff a bunch of leaves and stems in a jar and cover it with alcohol(usually vodka or rum) and that stuff has a ton of great medicinal value. I used to be wheelchair bound and had bad leg spasms all the time. But a little dropper full of that weed/alcohol blend would stop it within minutes

15 Likes

I’ve been eating flower since high school.
I’d score a bag, find a pretty bud, and take me a nible, lol. I like the taste.

These days, I’ll taste my plants. But it’s usually one of those “happy accidents”
(think Bob Ross :laughing:)during defoliation or trimming. I don’t go outta my way to chow on leaves.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Lol. This is an example of an article I read:

https://www.crxmag.com/issues/2020/spring/the-nutritional-value-of-raw-cannabis.shtml

Thanks, I’m going to check it out!

4 Likes

Did you guys ever watch that cooking show called bongapetite the things they did with there trim and shake looked good in the food

7 Likes

There has been some previous discussion on consuming fresh leaves here:

Leaves go well in smoothies and salads. Hemp also saved Australia from famine at one point.

8 Likes

I constantly eat fresh leaves. I am relatively healthy. Idk about any real benefits other than I am adding nonsoluble fiber, and chlorophyll to the bacteria breeding tube that I call my self.

11 Likes

There’s a link here outlining the nutritional benefits. There are plenty of essential fatty acids and nutrients within those leaves.

And you aren’t now? That’s astounding!

6 Likes

I like the taste if smoked or vaped, but eating it, i never got to like the flavor of eating cannabis. Loved the gal on bongapetite. Plus i’d eat anything they made on that show. The show itself was great. Wish it’d come back.

3 Likes

When I’d do large-scale trimming I’d pop a bud in my mouth a few times during a long haul trim sesh. There’s a sharp, peppery sort of flavor, not at all unpleasant.
Juicing is good, but best when adding some carrot (juice) and a dash of Apple Cider Vinegar
also, I started a thread awhile ago about cooking with fan leaves, which gets you high, tho it kinda turned into a deep-frying with fan-leaves thing:

3 Likes

I have dried some fan leaves during vegetative stage and sprinkle it on my pizza and pasta sometimes. It adds a nice nip :wink:

3 Likes

I used to nibble buds rather than smoke or vape it. The high is less stoney and more long lasting.

The thc or cannabinoids or whatever the active part is dissolves well in fat and alcohol. Putting the sugar leaves in a bottle of vodka will give you a strong dual-fuel hit. Or melt a stick of butter and put the leaves in, keep it warm enough to stay melted for half an hour then remove the leaves and you’ve got some mellow butter for making brownies.

1 Like

We do not eat cannabis raw, it is usually lower trim buds, trim shake, or a plant that we just do not like the smoke from it, goes to edibles for us.

My wife tried every thing her doctor suggested to relieve her of restless legs, and night sweats, starting like maybe 18+ years ago now.
I made some green butter, and then cookies, mostly to get high from.
We then started thinking, H’mm, could there be relief for her at night?
She would have one about an hour before bedtime, no restless legs, and no night sweats!!
However as got older, we wanted to reduce calorie intake, so I searched out a capsule making machine 24, sized 00 caps, at a time, could be made.
So all I do is decarb the plants matter, grind it down real fine, sift it, add a portion of Sunflower Lecithin, then work the machine, separate the caps, tops in one side, bottoms in the other, fill the bottoms with weed, I do this 3 times to pack as much plant matter into the bottoms as I can, then set the top cap on to the lower half, and press by hand to be capsules.
I can make a few hundred in a couple of hours. Store them in freezer or refrigerator.
We each take one before bed, along with some vitamins.
They will not knock you out, nor get you a buzz, maybe a bit.
You go to sleep, you can wake up to relieve your bladder, then get right back into a sound sleep.
EVERY lady person my wife gave to try for the night sweats, has found various degrees of relief.
Some folks need 2, but it is rare.
It also allows me to use far more of my plants matter, over just bud, and I really love that.

16 Likes

Excellent post, I know somebody this might help. :+1:

Thanx & Cheers
G

8 Likes

I often eat raw sugar leaf that comes off buds when I’m breaking them up… it can be super flavorful.

5 Likes

I have brewed the leaves in the past and made tea. Its good for your immune system, and surprisingly it made me feel real good.

9 Likes

I make ganja tea. Take a knob of butter and melt in a pan on low heat …add the ganja and stir …in a few minutes the thc will infuse and make the butter change colour.
Then I just make chai and add the infused ganja butter…:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

a crockpot on low is perfect for that. we used to simmer it for about six hours though, half hour seems like too short of a time frame to extract everything. used cheesecloth to get all the butter out of the leaves and then composted them.

6 Likes

Hell ya dude i always chew on a fan leaf. Give you a descent look into the terpene profile. My cat sure af likes to munch em, dogs not really lol. For real though try it out, foliage is quite tasty some better than others. The skunk strains are nasty but fruity varities are nice. Hazey varities my favorite there kinda soapy. The cannabis plant is amazing when you really think about it.

8 Likes