Check out this bad decarb job. How will it taste? What do I do? Poll!

I’ve never done 2 racks of decarb before. Apparenty you aren’t supposed to put pans on the bottom.

Will this make edible canna butter? I really dislike wasting , but I have a bunch more.

If this won’t taste good, I’ll just compost it. It was only in for a few minutes, but that was enough to make a cloud of smoke and make it look like this.

What do I do?
  • Compost
  • Make the butter!
  • I don’t care.

0 voters

5 Likes

Does it smell burnt?

1 Like

Gonna taste toasty.

Its like the old lucky strike cigarettes… toasted

5 Likes

Since you have more I would likely compost it. If smoke was coming out there would likely be a nasty burnt taste. Then again you could always give it a shot and see how it ends up.

2 Likes

I’d say if you can spare it just compost it. It’s more than likely gonna taste a bit burnt and that flavor will be hard to cover up

3 Likes

If you saw smoke, you probably lost some THC, but some of the sleepier/ relaxing cannabinoids should still be there. Probably make good sleep medicine. Smokey though lol.

4 Likes

My wife sniffed it because my sniffer sucks.

It kinda smells burned to me, she says says it really doesn’t. :rofl:

I should have the results of an antibody test within a week, before that question pops up. I don’t think so.

5 Likes

I guess depending what your making I think I’d use it worst case it’s gross you can always spruce it up with flavouring .

2 Likes

Make cannabutter, then make s’mores bars. Like rice crispy treats, but use golden grahams, then top with chocolate chips. The smokey-ness will make it campfire like

12 Likes

Personally, I’d try a cold alcohol wash.
It would preferentially pick up the oils over the water loving components.

I wouldn’t want to waste an opportunity to experiment.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Totally genius bro.

3 Likes

Like ever clear?

3 Likes

exactly!

Cheers
G

3 Likes

But if you infuse vodka with bacon, it picks up that smoke flavor. Do you think it would stay behind from this?

2 Likes

Probably not in this house. :joy:

Neither of us drink. I could save it for my mom. She loves to make tinctures. Isn’t that what you meant, a tincture?

Edit: I should have put other on the poll, but it won’t let me change it after the first 5 minutes.

4 Likes

The fastest way to see if it’s worth doing anything with is to smoke some of it. If you have a screen, you can simply bounce or rub it and collect the trichomes. If your plant material is super toasty, you’ll also get some burnt material, but that burnt material will be lighter than everything else. You can separate it out by shaking - the burnt material will sit on top and you can just lightly blow it off. Or, just smoke what comes through the screen. If you get high, it will be worth completing your project as planned. I personally turn my trim into RSO, so the flavor of the burned leafage wouldn’t carry through to the final product.

8 Likes

That smoke flavor is in the fat.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I would do it with butter and water, then separate them and run it again with clean water. That should remove most of the unpleasantness. :+1::seedling:

8 Likes

Mark it zero Smokey! I kid I kid, make butter and use it for some smokey entrees. :zipper_mouth_face: shuttin up now.

1 Like

What about making your ghee, then using that into a compound herb butter with like capers, roasted garlic, basil and sundried tomato?

Something like this.

I put it on a sautéed skate wing with grilled Yukon gold potatoes and asparagus. It would be great on steak.

Recipe would be roughly
1 lb equal parts ghee and whole butter, room temp
2 tbs capers, drained.
1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips
1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade (rolled up like a doobie and cut into strips)
1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves, chopped or whole.
About a tbs of salt
A tsp or more fresh cracked black pepper

Mix it all up, plop it onto a piece of parchment or plastic wrap and roll it into a log. Put it in the fridge for 2 or 3 hours to solidify, then unwrap and slice.

I see no reason it shouldn’t be tasty. Play around with other ingredients too.

4 Likes