Dinamed CBD 600w KIND LED - Coco and Advanced nutrients

Hi @LED_Seedz ! Thanks a lot for advice! :slight_smile: I will try to answer on all of your points :slight_smile:

A: 2 weeks ago a watered the plants with pH 5.7 and they all curled down. We thoth that it was caused by too low pH so next water was 6.2 and they were aboslutly fine. I am bit scared now to give them lower pH than 6.0 :frowning: Do you think that I should lower my reservoiar to 5.7??

B: Czech republic. This time of the year humidity about 60%. So you think I dont have to use humidifier? Or I shoudnt mist them with water? Or I shouldnt do any of those things except nutrition spraying two times a week? ??

C: OK. Next round I will start with regular seeds (no autos) in smaller containers for vegging phase and after 3-4 weeks I will transplate them in to the 1 galon pots I use now for flowering phase? Is it ok to use rockwool cubes instead of containers? Or better to have containers with coco and transplant in to coco?

D: Yeah the corc seems to be problem the whole time :frowning: Last time I had pure coco with nothing else in it and Everythign was just fine…

What about the Epson salt? I never heard about this. So you say that everytime I start pressed coco fiber I should use clean water with that EPSON SALT?

My meters are calibrated and measure well. My resevoiar is pH 6.0 and ppm 560-700 (Ec 0.8-1.0)

But the most strange thing is that the plants are 60 days old and they are still not flowering. Not even one is showing any gender at all…

I flushed all of them 6 days ago with 30l of RO water ph 6.0 with a bit of Calcium (Ec 200 ppm 140) and the runoff was Ec 1420 pH 6.7-6.8 (ppm 990)

1 Like

Probably don’t need to foliar feed with hydroponics. And you almost definitely do not need to raise the humidity. The way humidity is usually measured is relative so you kind of need to know the temp and the relative humidity to make sense of it.

1 Like

Ok another watering is done (3 Times a day) and now the outake water is pH 7.5…I am starting to be paranoid :smiley: :smiley: It seems to me like more and more leaves Have Brown spots on them…Will see

Yes, no question.

You are over watering big time. Once a day at most on plants that size. I water once a day on 6 footers in coco.

Your plants are suffering from necrosis as well due to the PH. Keep you range from 5.7 to 6.1 and you’ll be fine.

5 Likes

just curious if you know the EC/ppm of your runoff

I think you forgot about something you said elsewhere… Let them breathe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I water them 3 Times a day but thats only 500ml per day for 1 plant. It is not so much or is it? My friend told me that He had great results with this watering method. Do you that it is the mistake?

Ec was about 1320. I thing thats ok is it?

Ok, Don’t quote me for religion on this, but here’s what I think
I know coco isn’t supposed to completely dry out, but watering 3 times a day with very small amounts (500ml is just a little over 16 ounces) You are never pulling oxygen into the root zone like that. I like to water where I have up to 20% run off. In this way I am ensuring that not only am I flushing excess nutes that haven’t been used by the plants, I’m using the waters “suction” to pull oxygen into the root zone. I’m sure that my theory on this probably needs correcting but i’d take the advice others have told you and let them dry out a bit. Wait till some of the coco on top starts to turn lighter brown then give them a watering till 20% runoff.

Your plants are still trying to establish healthy root systems and by keeping them saturated they don’t ever need to seek out water. So let em use what they got for a couple days, then water 500ml all at once.

Someone correct me if I’m giving bad advice, but thats just my 2 cents.

Ok I will water them more but in Longer intervals. Like once a three day.

Another question: Is it ok to use drip needles? Or is it really necerssary to water them with watering can?

Do you think that these would be ok? :slight_smile: I dont want to give up on my watering system that easily you know :smiley: :’(

That’d be a question for someone more experienced than me, I’ve never used drippers/blumats/etc :slight_smile:

Until growth improves your plan for once every three days sounds good, on the third day before you water it, check the condition of the medium, if its still highly saturated, skip the watering.

1 Like

Ok its been 4d since Last watering and they were prety dry tonight. I watered them with RO water and with new nutrients I bought. I decided to buy Advanced nutrients Coco Bloom perfect pH technology. Ec 1500 pH 5.8. 1L per plant. Last Time I Checked the outake water the pH was 7.5. Today was only 6.4!! With the new nutes :slight_smile: Hope it will work as the manufacture says. Will see in few days…

I also bought fan regulator with termomether but I dont know where to put the probe in my tent. Anyone knows pls? :slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve been told to put the probe at canopy level :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In to the center Under the Light or on the Wall? :slight_smile:

I’d go in the center. Middle of everything.

2 Likes

They look ok after the watering. So far so good :smiley: But that high pH and overwatering f*cked them up really bad :-/ all of them got yellow leaves and maps on them. Just look…

And here are the leaves from bottom of the plants.

1 Like

All of the Micro elements locked out. It is nice example how high pH looks like :slight_smile: :frowning: The elements what locked out are Fe, Mn, Zn, Cu and B…

1 Like

Hi new update :slight_smile:

Temperature day: 28 C
Temperature Night: 20 C
Humidity day: 50-55%
Humidity night: 75%
Root temperature: 20
Every two days 1l of water each. Advanced nutrients Ec 1500 pH 5.8.

The new nutrients seems to be working. They even started to grow again :slight_smile:

How do you keep your humidity low at night? Fans still on? I cant get it right. Or is it ok to Have 75% at night?

3 Likes

yeah my fans run 24 hours, the dropping temperature probably raises the humidity too

2 Likes

Hot air is able to hold more moisture.

Cold air is unable to hold as much moisture. That’s why in the winter time the air feels so dry.

If you are getting 75% humidity at night, keep your fans on, you need that air circulation to prevent bud rot and PM.

They look like they have recovered very well!

Great job! And I love the use of Legos lol, Measuring stick?