My 4x4 tent (multistrain quantum boards)

i have a 4x4 tent with 5 plants. 1 each of northern lights, white widow, sour diesel, green crack and an unknown bagseed. i finally took the time to set up my quantum boards, you can see theyve been a little neglected

my problem now is the drivers/heatsink heat up too much too fast when it’s turned up so i’m going to have to move the drivers outside the tent or something … maybe just put a towel under them idk but i want to flip to flower this week

17 Likes

I’ve been seeing great results from those little boards! I would mount the drivers on a board and mount the board to the outside of the tent.

3 Likes

Hey there,

The exhaust blower not keeping up?
Pointing a small fan at the heat sink will help keep them cooler.

i added another fan, i now have 2 blowing on the fixture/canopy and a mini oscillating tower fan on the ground but it was still over 90. its now ~82 with the drivers turned down to maybe 75% and i discovered thrips so i’m defoliating super heavily then starting to spray every 2nd day until a week or 2 after im confident theyre done then i’ll flip to flower… i really need to flower these plants

1 Like

I opted to keep my drivers outside my tent for my Cob build to keep the temps down. I use two 320H drivers to power 16 citizen048’s. It keeps my in tent temp between 79-83°. I run my fan at like 30% cause I also have an Exhale CO2 bag in with them.
I wanted to build a quantum setup but the 301’s were out of stock so now I’m just designing my own PCBA using a similar diode but slightly high output per led.

1 Like

yes I have 2 HLG-320 but i think most of the heat is coming from the diodes anyways. my problem really is i have no real air exchange, it just exhausts in to the room and it’s only about a 10x6 room… i need to figure out somewhere to exhaust my air out or get an AC

Gotcha… I’m kinda in the same situation my tent exhausts into the closes room. I do I am lucky enough to have a drop ceiling in the room so I have the exhaust duct blowing up between the tiles and upper flooring.

Do you notice considerable difference in using the Exhale bag? My grow shop carries these and was wondering about them on a side note I started mushrooms cultivation before I jumped into cannabis growing what’s your take on them ? There pricey at my shop thinking about growing some oysters along the side of my girls!

I can’t tell if there’s much of a difference honestly. This is the first time I’ve used it and a first time on growing out BOG’s blue kush. I’m pretty sure I paid like $35 for the exhale bag which to me is a cheap way for a natural CO2 boost.
What I have seen is how understessed the plants are at the higher temps than I normally run. As well as keeping my array 18" of the tops.
Ive tried growing mushrooms to varied success and learned I don’t quite have the same magic touch with them as I do my plants lol.

2 Likes

they are another money grab product. you can breathe in your room and itll be better.

what are you running the boards at?

Oh I would never buy one when I can make them myself I do know they are CO2 generators I just don’t know how much don’t want to invest in a CO2 meter to much mulla $ there LOL

I got it for when I was running smaller pots. Since Im running a big pot, it’s Prolly putting more CO2 in the room than the exhale bag. It’s not the craziest things I’ve tried for CO2 supplementing. Back when I was still learning I used the CO2 tablets for a whole cycle lol.

2 Likes

You never know until you try!

1 Like

I received my “MEGACROP” nutrients today just in time to feed my girlfriends… It’s a brown powder with small pellets of the same, was very water soluble just adding the water 2nd was enough to mix it completely… smells like shit tho but it was free. i will be doing a side by side comparing it against GH maxibloom powder with my solocup plants. i really should get a camera but i don’t want a cell phone.

3 Likes

today I relocated the 2 drivers to outside of the room to help lower temperatures. i am going to find a way to exhaust the air in to the ducting of the house to help heat the house, and possibly pick up a 2nd hand portable air conditioner… i also topped up a couple of the 5g smart pots as i didn’t have enough when i transplanted so 2 were only about half full. i scratched up the woody stalk to promote new root growth… i added 1/2 - 3/4 inch of perlite to the top of all of them as i could see roots beginning to pop up from the soil…

i was not able to find any thrips today while spraying so hopefully i am done with those… i will continue to spray every 2nd or 3rd day for 2 or 3 more applications and if i still have not seen any thrips i will re add my scrog and begin flowering !

4 Likes

@lotus710 i built my light lol … it’s kind of hard to see in the 1st pic but I had a wire from each 4 corners with both on each side going to a ratchet strap, and because of that i wasnt able to raise my lamp up as high as i’d like… so i was trying to reconfigure it so each side only had one wire going between both corners like in the 2nd picture and the fixture tipped and both drivers slid off and luckily the wires pulled out without damaging the connectors

3 Likes

I’m excited to see what the temperature will get up to in an hr or 2 of the light on now that I’ve relocated the drivers out of the room and routed the exhaust in to a house vent :smiley: i think only problem will be when the heating is running in the house, it will be contest which fan will be stronger? :smiley: it was usually 80-85*F during the day with the lamps dimmed down… hopefully i can start cranking up the watts soon because it’s almost flower time, i’ve waaaay over vegged these plants !

update: the temperature did not increase at all in the room, maybe ~72 and 76 in the tent. increased drivers to max current and will wait one more hour. previously the tent would reach 95* within 45mins at max watts

2 Likes

Be sure you know what your doing when you vent into your home venting system. Its not made for that and can cause a lot of problems. Being in canada you might have a furnace or some heat comming through the vents. This can start fires if the venting isnt done correctly. I thought about it once. Then i read about a dude burning down his house.

1 Like

yeah i definitely read not to exhaust in to your furnace exhaust (cause of carbon monoxide) but im venting it up the other direction from the furnace so its just heating my house

edit: i just checked amazon n it’s only a 175cfm 4" fan too :blush: once i get a 2nd tent i’ll get a bigger one n that can be for my veg/moms lol

1 Like

i am preparing to take a few cuts with my DIY aerocloner for the first time so right now i’m leaving it running empty for a while to see what temperature the water will get to from the pump and if i’ll need it on a timer or not. 21 site cloner. i also found an old digital camera so i’ll be able to upload pictures more often :smiley:

6 Likes