Dinamed CBD 600w KIND LED - Coco and Advanced nutrients

Hi guys. I am back with my second grow :slight_smile: You can check my previous one if you like (First profi Coco grow 60x60 tent 250w HPS)

A have some updates from the previous one! :slight_smile:

New tent 75x75x160 (http://www.budboxgrowtents.com/budbox.htm)
New light for bloom GIB Lighting Pure Bloom Spectre HPS XTreme Output 400W

Everything else is the same as the first grow. I will only use reverse osmosis water (RO) with Green house seeds POWDER FEEDING (short flowering, Calcium and Booster)

This time I made a chart to write the informations in and have some overview :slight_smile:

First thing a had to do was to set up my new tent

First day: I planted the seeds on 22nd of September. I write here 4 days later because I was too afraid to show you something before the seeds sproud :smiley: I used RO water with a bit of Calcium to get the Ec to 0.2.

I soaked the coco jifs and put the seeds in. The genetic is Dinafed CBD auto (0.5 THC and 13% CBD)

After that I put the seeds in to the grow tent

But there was a problem. Since the light wasnt on, the temperature inside was only about 21-22 celcius which is too low for seeds (ideal about 26C) so I put them outside to a chair next to the radiator with warm pad under it. And here they are after 3 days (8 am on Monday 25.9)

Once they were out I put them under the light immediately. For the first week I will use 200W CFL light and then I will switch to the 400W HPS. There is 18h light and 6h night for now.

Here is picture from Monday 25.9 - 8pm :smiley: they grew up!

I mist them with the same RO water with Calcium Ec 0.2 and Ph about 5.5. The ventilation is 30min off and 15min on for now. I will see how the humidity turns out with temperature.

I will transfere them in to the pots tommorow with the same drip system as last time, but with some new changes :slight_smile: I will show you the pictures later :slight_smile: Bye for now.

4 Likes

Great thread, i’m gonna follow. I also use jiffies, but lately have been doing paper towels and then to cups, nice setup bro.

2 Likes

Hi guys. Some new update is here :slight_smile:

New photos from 26.9 5pm. Another two plants are out :slight_smile:

27.9 - 1pm

This is the Last photo before I put them in the pots with Coco. I would let them grow a bit more but I had to leave for 5 days and they wouldnt survive.

Ok. The new updates on watering system. I no Langer Have the tubes coming out of my tent as in my Last grow :slight_smile: Instead of this I cut two holes in to the bottom of my growbox and I put the tubes through them.

The right one is conected to the water pump with solution for the plants and the left one is going in ti the empty bucket. The pump brings water to the plants and all the water that drains through the plants goes out from the tent.

Here are the plants with tubes in :slight_smile:

I watered them with clean RO water pH 5.5. The Coco substrate has nutrients for two weeks so I am not feding them yet.

Just ask if you have any question :slight_smile: keep growing!

6 Likes

Hi guys. New update.
I had some problems :frowning: After the last photo was taken I had to leave the plants for 5 days and the plants had to live in like 35% humidity. A had automatic watering but that wasnt enaugh. But when I came back the plants seemed ok. Since there was the 200W CFL light, I decided to change it to the 400w light. But it was big mistake. I didnt upgraded ma ventilation and my temperature rised to 36C and I wasnt able to get it lower. So I had to buy new filtr, new ventilation and new shade. Anyway…the plants grew in really bad conditions for like 4 days before a changed the light back to my 250 HPS. They completly stoped growing for at least a week,… :frowning:

Today is day 7 on the 250W HPS and the plants started to grow again but very slowly and some of them stil have only 4 leaves :frowning:

Here is a quastion: Should I continue with the plants and try to grow them fully. But there is a chance that they will be small and no buds on them. Or should I remove them and buy some nice regular clones?? I am kinda desperate :smiley: :smiley: pls help :slight_smile:

Here is picture from 4.10.2017. They almost didnt grow as you can see :confused:

1 Like

Hi guys. I got a 9 new clones. You can see their look on picture one. They were very yellow because of nutrients deficit. I put them in to the coco substrate and started to feed them.
Photos from day 1

They got better as you can see on the picture number two but they started to have some brown spots on some of them. Some leaves are curling and some tips are getting yellow. I am pretty sure I slightly overfed them. (I strated on Ec about 800 and rised to 1300) the runoff water was 1320 at maximum. Ph 5,5 intake and 6.1 runoff. CFL 300w 18/6. Humidity 50-80% and temperature 19C at night and 25 day. Fertilizer is Green house seeds Powder feeding.
Day 8 (today)

My conclusion? They are overfed because of the curling and slightly yellow tips. But not sure about those brown spots…Is it calcium deficit since I use only reverse osmosis water? (I added Ca every watering)

Anyway…I flushed yesterday with 5.5 RO water and hope they get alright :slight_smile: Thanks for help.

2 Likes

i think you are right it is just slight over fert and should bounce right back, what are the new clones?

are you using pure coco? what about perlite?

I am using pure coco with cork (Mills & DNA - Ultimate Mix - Coco with Cork). They say that it should be even better for getting the oxygen to the roots and better root development. First try so far… I used pure coco last time because of the smart pots (no perlite) :slight_smile:

The clones are Big Buds(left), Wappa and Sweet deep grapefruit(right) :slight_smile: Really excited about the grapefruit :slight_smile:

So what are those brown spots on the leafes? Over fert or Calcium deficiency?

2 Likes

Hi guys. New update. They stoped to grow for a 3-4 days because of overfeeding :-/ I fed them too much at start. I flushed them with clean RO water and two days later with Calcium only. New leaves grew up and they are Ok now :slight_smile: humidity still 60-70 day. 80 at night. Temperature 25-27 day and 19-21 at night. PH 5.6 and Ec today was 800. They drink almost 5 litres a day now. Only intake fan is on and no outake fan.
Photos 2 weeks in grow stage (clones)

3 Likes

That is good to hear… It is beneficial for them to have high humidity at this stage… Keep up good work!

Also it is recommended to have only 5°F / 3°C difference between temps day and night… so you might improve on that and stay on the safe side with 21+°C at nights… Maybe other experienced growers could add their opinion on temps…

2 Likes

I usually have less than 10* f difference between day and night. Any more and you start to get condensation on your walls and plants which leads to pathogens and humidity problems.

OK but I dont know exactly how to do that :smiley: My bedroom is 22C at night but in the box is 19-20 :smiley: Do you keep your venting on through the night? My fan is runing whole day and stops for two hours after the light goes off (because I need to fall asleep :smiley: ) And then the fan goes every two hours for 15 minutes…

2 Likes

I do not vent at night if it is to cold. I do run the fan through the filter to continuously “scrub” the air, but I don’t extract it.

I am curious about using the cork. Interesting medium, I am hesitant however.

What do you mean exactly? Dont understand.

I am not sure for now if its better or not. I use it in smart pots. Watering is done every two days like with regular coco. And it has some nutrients at start but I personaly dont like it. Thats why I overfed them all :frowning: I didnt know when to give my own nutrients… And there is no trichoderma. I had to add it…

1 Like

when using a carbon filter you can do two things.

filter and scrub.

filter is when you pass the air through the filter and using a duct, extract the cleaned air out side the grow room.
scrub is when you have the fan connected to the filter but have no extraction duct. the air is constantly scrubbed reducing odors.

1 Like

Oh I get it now! :slight_smile: Thanks for advice man :slight_smile: I will try to do it like you say. I will turn off the filter fan at night but turn on the other fan to scrub the air :slight_smile: it might help with increasing the temperature you think?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you pull air thru the filter or push it out ?

Only intake fan is on when the light is on(with filter). The outake fan is off and waiting for the 400HPS bulb(wtih filter). My outake filtr is two times stronger then the intake fan.

All my fans are hooked to a day/night thermostat and left on 24 hrs. The thermostat turns the fans on and off.

1 Like

Can send link on some if those termostats? :slight_smile: So i know what to buy :slight_smile:

1 Like