Do you even cut tops an let bottom shine a week

I had 2 Alien ogs running 8 days behind 1 of my Tiki Rains so I cut 90 % of tops which almost filled the 6 out of 8 tiers all heavy tops.
Very happy with wieght well see what the rest brings after cure. I always use the tier rack to.place while hanging on string as I wish no rush lol.
Figure letting the bottom go to I haven’t the Aliens next Sun.

17 Likes

Nice result

3 Likes

Thanks.
Having fun after 6 yr Break from growing for green.
Sure changes things when there’s no demands

5 Likes

I almost wish I could tier my harvests to let the bottoms go longer. I’m always pushing my harvey’s for a next run, all of my vegging plants are eager to get in there.
I’ve learned to trim away the bottom stuff so it doesn’t bother me at harvest.

4 Likes

I trim in tiers a lot. It does help to develop the lower layer in my opinion.

4 Likes

I’ve had a few plants where the main colas were ready before the lower buds sites. I just chop what’s ready and give what’s left another few days or so.

6 Likes

Well I like vacation.
I usually do have veg plants.
But I’m starting to go on vacation 2 month a yr.
Then start up for Xmas run I keep under skirt shaved .

10 Likes

Gzzzzzzzz that’s a big girl.

1 Like

Hope everyone has a great week.
Thanks for the comments :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No I don’t…

Wow that’s a big bad lady. I like the structure of the top with the shaved legs, nice!:star_struck:

1 Like

I’ve tier harvested before, but not for many years, this current run I’m going to tier harvest again because I have much more larf then I’m used to, going to try and make it worthwhile. I usually give away a lot of it anyway but I’d still like it to be of good quality as it is used to make oil for cancer patients.

2 Likes

I do it normally, especially if the plants grow tall. Just a week will fatten up those lower buds. Sometimes I cut the bottom stuff out before they start.

2 Likes

I bought my good friends daughter a bubble washer an I give her all the scraps I have no time right now to do anything but grow an trim.

1 Like

Missouri finally got their shit together now which is great but they don’t deserve any taxes since they persecuted us for eons.

1 Like

Taxes and all the hoops is why I won’t grow big anymore.
Now days if your not the commercial brand an your a small craft grower in California your giving so much of your hardwork to the government run state.

3 Likes

I tried this once but it didn’t work out at all. The plant freaked out and just stopped maturing/developing. I read some articles that said you can’t take too much or it stresses the plants out. After trying it I can attest… I won’t be trying it again and instead will defoliate and trim
The bottoms more thoroughly. Best of luck tho if you try it.

1 Like

You get alot more even light top to bottom in your 'tron though.

2 Likes

My plants get lights on the sides…

Grown in a Phototron

5 Likes

I’m totally for putting in side lights. My first grow when I moved here was in a bedroom with lots of space. I had lights overhead and also stood T-5 4 footers up vertically.