Drying in a wine cooler

Not sure if its been mentioned or not, but its absolutely critical you get a thermoelectric wine cooler if you are going this route. I just built 2 coolers and have them loaded with bud now.

4 Likes

Ah, I must have misremembered, it was listed as sold out with no price when I checked the other day. Still, compared to a used wine fridge setup, the fridge (barring extenuating circumstances) will have drastically lower power usage.

1 Like

Oof, I picked up an “advanced compressor” chiller. What’s the difference between thermoelectric and compressor as far as drying goes?

1 Like

Or I’m at California power is astronomical. You run LED here because it will cost more to run HPS here than buy at the dispensary. The AC infinity AC/dehumidifier was 599 I belive. It was sold out, but that’s short-lived for AC Infiniti. But at 800 W, you could run a very large garden instead.

1 Like

The difference here is really about the air and temp. Peltier cooling systems are what’s in the wine coolers. They generally keep temps 45 to 60 degrees. They are very efficient And the air that cycles through the system is dryer from running through the system but not to dry. A regular refrigeration system temperature range Right around freezing on the fridge side up to about 45. This is far colder and far dryer. It speeds up the drying process. It is much less controllable. Quite a few people are working on different ways to approach this problem. The temperatures are extremely low and the air is extremely dry so those would be your two points to work from if you chose to go that method. There is a method to be used with traditional refrigeration the Lotus method. This is also much less controllable. It does work but requires more Monitoring. The key will be what are the temperature adjustments available on the model year after? That would help you determine if it was Peltier or refrigeration without going for the model number, etc.

1 Like

Doing what research I could at work I think I may have a compressor model of wine fridge. That’s disappointing but I think I can still make it work. I’ll know in 10 days or so

1 Like

An easy way to determine. If you have a freezer in the unit it is a standard refrigeration unit. Generally speaking, they don’t make wine cooler size freezers without spending some serious coin.

1 Like

There’s not a freezer. It’s a ca lefort 27 bottle Model number CLF WSJC88. Just saw on Amazon

2024 Compressor Cooling】Say goodbye to traditional thermoelectric cooling, lowering the temperature more quickly and maintaining a constant temperature. In addition the automatic defrost function allows you to visualize your collection at any time. Ca’Lefort wine coolers are energy efficient, environmentally friendly and last longer than regular wine coolers

1 Like

You are correct it was way more than I thought. I do think given your point, cannatrols are way overpriced and don’t do a great job even if it saves you money.

2 Likes

In my humble opinion, nothing beats the whole plant hung for 21 days at 60/60. These are all just workarounds to try to get back to that. Cheers

7 Likes