Tips on lowering RH% and TEMP in a 2x4 for drying

Im running a 2x4 and i was totally unprepared for my humidity and temperature when i chopped today…
I have two small desk fans and a 4” inline fan running
Rh is 62.1%
Temp 72.1F

I put a dehumidifier (fuckin out dated dinosaur machine) in there and it raised temps up to 80 at one point and then i unplugged it and temp seems steady at 72.1F and RH% is up to 62.1, I have to leave for 10 day’s tomorrow so im really trying to dial this thing in.
Last time i dried was in January and all i needed was a humidifier on the inkbird.
Any tips to drop rh just a few % and maybe a few degrees on the temp

2 Likes

Running an AC will lower temps and humidity if you have one. I have a portable unit I run when I’m drying as I had the same problem in my drying room.

5 Likes

So if i run a portable ac in the room the tent is in that should help me

2 Likes

It dropped my temperature in the drying room from 72 down to 64 which is the lowest setting on the AC. I had to add a humidifier to get the humidity back up to 60% where I like it for drying. They aren’t cheap though. My medium sized one was about $400 bucks. It was a big investment for me but not having hay smelling weed from too quick of a dry is worth it in my opinion.

4 Likes

62/72 is fine.

Don’t chase your tail over a few points.

9 Likes

Definitely chasing my tail bro. Sat there for 2 hours fucking with the inkbird

6 Likes

I guess it stablized itself after i took out the dehumidifier. I left for a few hours and came home and this is what the tents sitting at. I can get jiggy with these numbers😎

Ignore the rh in the 2nd pic i think the unit itself needs to be in the tent to measure humidity not sure cause its just a small metal probe you hang in a central area.

3 Likes

61.8 is where im at now Well as for stablizing thats NOT what happened. Back fo 62% i rigged up this dehumidifier outside of the tent with a 4in duct piped into the tent.
Straight crackhead ingenuity so far its dropped slightly after being rigged up for a few mins ill update in a few hours

Update: rigged up dehumidifier works great. Plugged it into the inkbird and things are working great. Tent wont go above 62 and spends most its time in the 60-61% area. I have two small desk fans pointed at the wall and floor to keep airflow up

5 Likes

I’m in the MW and I have same conditions right now. Got a dry box going now as well and it’s fine. I just turn my fan up so it keeps the air moving and no issues. Also one reason I wet trim just to lessen the chance of any mold growth. You should be good though . :+1:

1 Like

unscented cat litter can wick out moisture pretty amazingly. :microscope:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes