DTW Coco Automatic Irrigation

All great info, thanks for answering my questions!

Apparently I can get hempies to work for me, even though DWC never did. With OG’s help, after over 10 years of growing, I will finally have a hydro harvest

2 Likes

Go knock it out the park my man!!!

2 Likes

What didnt work on DWC for you? I can probably help. Ive been runninf DWC for 10 years now.

Oh yeah thats right u had pH issues?

1 Like

It works ok for a while, then all of a sudden stuff will start to yellow and ph starts fluctuating wildy. I’ve tried multiple times and never gotten through a full cycle. I think hempies are close enough to what I’m used to in soil that it works for me.

1 Like

Yeah that didnt make sense for pH to rise that rapidly. My guess was u werent using ebough food or proper pH down

1 Like

I have phosphoric acid now, so thats been fixed. That one is greening up again, its basically in 3 gallons of coco now though too lol

1 Like

Also never heard of element nutrients. Was there any brown slime or algae?

1 Like

A bit of brown slime, even after repeated h202 and bleach treatments.

Element is just jacks 321 and a powder mycco supplement.

Thats your problem right there.

Ive never dealt with the stuff but hear its a PITA. Heisenbergs tEA works. The recipe is ojt there. Its specifically for brown slime algea

1 Like

She looks 1000x better than a week ago.

1 Like

What’s everyone running in your res to keep the nutes mixed? Can I run an extra drip line into the res to circulate the nutes. That would be 2-3 times a day each time it waters.

They were a little dry but overall I was happy with the drip system. Had to move the autos back to small tent so the semi autos could flower in the big tent. It was nice to just pull the poly tubing off the 90 and switch the drip lines to different tents.

3 Likes

I plan on using an airstone. Cool setup

1 Like

Different but similar.
Using an 800gph to push nutes thru these aquarium manifolds, open lines. Easy to adjust each line based on pot size or plant demands.

1gals.

Using Jacks 321ish nutes.
For me, adding Recharge to the res was a fail. PH fluctuations. Gunked up my lines.

Now I mix it separate and hand feed as needed.

1 Like