Help with watering ideas

Looking for some help here. Hand watering a ton of 2-3g pots of coco is taking a toll on my back bending over mixing 4g buckets up and a hand watering. What’s a good alternative I could do? Giant res in my sink room with tubes pumping to the pots and just determine how long I need the pump on to flow “x” amount of water?

Takes 1.5 hours a day to water everything and then I need a chiropractic visit each week to boot

9 Likes

Flood and drain : )

3 Likes

But those have to be elevated to drain no? Also need giant drain tables etc?

1 Like

Pond liner and wooden battons for flood table

Some people flood with no drain @Hamme

You can use a sump pump in Rez to flood and then another pump to drain or similar

2 Likes

I have no drain in some of the rooms

1 Like

Your draining / sucking back to Rez , not to waste : )

2 Likes

Can I do this all from floor level?

2 Likes

Rip your back mate, I’m the same that daily fertigation is a killer. Good job we smoke weed or the back pain would be 10x :rofl:

6 Likes

With thought I’m sure you can : )

1 Like

Elevated res and shut off valve. Lines to all plants and just use gravity to water.
Probably the cheapest way.
Open the valve until you’re satisfied the plants have enough.

6 Likes

Probably don’t even need a drain then as I’d water enough and that’s it. Similar to hand watering? Just a pump to get water from my sink to my res 40ft away

3 Likes

If you are able to check on them regularly, you could look into blumats
You would still need a pond liner or flood table in case of a runaway blumat(flooding).
I use them for my flower tent and they work great with organic soil or coco.
You can put your pots on the floor and have your res Atleast 3 feet above your pots for gravity fed(the higher the better)
Or if you have a faucet close you can use the pressure reducer. Unless you buy one of those inline fertilizer injection things I dont think you want that.

Let me know if you want some more info on them

4 Likes

@Jetdro swears by Octopots.

5 Likes

@ColeLennon Is that the same as a sip?
That’s also a good option but I guess you would have to hand water each sip?
I guess you could rig up a pump system to fill the sips whenever they need it.

2 Likes

I don’t know much about them. @Jetdro uses them and so @Papalag

1 Like

Is the sip the container? Can you lay any fabric pot on them ?

2 Likes

@Animosity I’ve never used them but I just know a sip is the same idea of a blumat except it water from the bottom and the blumat waters from top.

I think you can just put a fabric pot inside a way bigger plastic container and it will work but I’m not sure on how to do it at all.

I use blumats and can answer questions if you have any about them but sips I don’t know much about

2 Likes

Auto pots xl is one of the best purchases I have made for my grow room.
I fill up a 25 gallon reservoir up every 7-10 days depending on the plants stage.
Trust me you will be free lol.
Good luck

4 Likes

Hi there
Octopots are simular to it

It is a wicking system

They may seem pricey but I feel it’s well worth the money

4 Likes

Pics of setup?

2 Likes