How do you all water your indoor plants?

I see some big tents and grow rooms packed with plants with no room to walk around. What kind of watering system or containers do you all use to reach all the plants?

4 Likes

Sump pump and watering wand with a shut off valve .

7 Likes

Autopots an for anything smaller I hand water with a watering can that has a long spout.

5 Likes

Yeah it seemed like a dumb question but right now the watering can only holds a gallon and it has a spout but it is hard to reach in the back of the 4x4 tent. Maybe I need an attachment or something

2 Likes

Ive got a 20g Rubbermaid tote, a pond pump, a rainbird 8 port manifold, some 1/4 inch tubing and a Nearpow timer that’ll go down to the seconds. $75 and a couple hours is all you need to set up an automated watering system (plus a couple days to dial it in).

I can see it not making sense if you do soil, but for coco or rockwool or other similar type hydro systems it’s a no brainer.

11 Likes

Try and find an extra long funnel. I made a watering helper with a wooden dowel rod and a funnel taped to it to get the back girls when it’s crowded. A gravity fed auto watering system is pretty cheap and easy to setup as well. There’s a bunch of design plans on the web. I tried using a 2 gallon pump sprayer and wand but didn’t like how hard the water came out personally. I use a turkey baster for all of mine to force myself to water slow.

4 Likes

Yeah I am running in coco. Maybe I should try to rig up a 5 gallon bucket with a stiff hose to gravity feed. Wouldn’t be super expensive I guess

Troph Blumats

3 Likes

Pvc pipe straight into pot, gallon jug into the tube. Reaches anything in my 4x8. Easy for me

2 Likes

Chapin concrete sprayer.

4 Likes

Its slow but helps water even and from over watering. I like to think it helps adds oxygen to the water

6 Likes

Rule of thumb in professional gardening is that people have a 24” reach. If you’re hand watering you should leave yourself space around the tent to accommodate that. That’s why most tents come in measurements that roughly accommodate this reach(24-30”). Just like most greenhouse tables. Like others have said you can use wands and other equipment to compensate but it’s a good gauge for how long your wand/water breaker should be since you can still only reach about 24”.

Obviously once you move on to an automated feeding system none of this matters, but to use a wand you just need some kind of a reservoir (bucket) connected to any submersible pump connected to your wand/water breaker. You don’t need a fancy pump for small scale. Something like an ecoplus 396 would be a fine starting point. :v:

8 Likes

So a 3/4 horse sump pump and 100 gallon stock tank is a bit overkill? Lol

6 Likes

Haha for a small op like mine, yes. For a big grow, I love it :sunglasses:

1 Like

I like that idea, PVC is pretty cheap and fairly light

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense, thanks for the reply

Yeah it probably would take a while but I see the longer reach of it, nice post

These folks sell the whole kit for a watering wand:

4 Likes

That’s a cool watering wand .

1 Like

I use same thing just diff brand, or hand water. Love the sprayer tho.

3 Likes