Easiest way to decarb kief?

Good to know but yeah flammable hazardous stuff ain’t cheap. California I would maybe think have something geared towards headies maybe.
Fwiw that stuff makes a great cleaning product but gives ya one hellavu head rush.

I laughed when I looked for dry ice around here reading the reviews scolding growers for buying it all up. Hilarious. I did have fun using the 10lbs I got making some bubble hash. Science :nerd_face:

1 Like

This is how I do it. I can’t get higher then 150% here.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Same here. I just decarb in a Mason jar to lessen the odor. So +10min as a ramp. 240f for 50min. Then mb machine.

3 Likes

You can still make a tincture with the lower proof alcohol. It will pick up more of the non-polar compounds due to the added water. It does require reducing it all the way down to an oil if reducing to add potency. As discussed in my tincture thread.

Using kief will likely negate both of the above issues. It can be decarbed just like flower in aluminum foil.

10 Likes

I failed to mention not sure if someone hasn’t a kief press has done me good for collecting.
They’re bad at times for cross threading but make near pucks.

@Heather420 I’ve made kief tincs out of 80 proof, rum is especially nice :slight_smile:

I decarb at 220°F for an hour in a smallish tin.

30ml of rum to 1g kief. Stick the jar in the freezer, and shake when I remember. I let it sit about a month, but you could sample after a week, maybe?

Anyone saying don’t use moonshine, doesn’t know moonshine :slight_smile: Any way Blue Moonshine sounds like something legal from the liquor store. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it.

As a psa, some of our ABC stores don’t have 190 Everclear, but you can order it through them… and pot’s illegal here , ha!

1 Like