ELG's Strawberry Banana Seed Run Attempt

Yeah I don’t have lung rooms either and can’t really make a hole in the wall or exhaust air anywhere. I grow in closed closets with fans for air circulation. I think the plants health is taking a hit with the high rh but according to VPD chart it should be fine. I finally pulled the trigger and got myself those small dehumidifier.

1 Like

Day 60:

I noticed the plant slowing down, so I added some chicken manure pellets and the next day it showed pistils. I hope it’s just showing sex and didn’t start flowering.

Obviously I talked too fast. The clones started wilting after like 12 hours and got back up after a put the bags back on them.

The last one I forgot to put the bag back before going to work. Its been bent like that ever since.

Day 62: The Badtrip

Owner called and is having a realtor check the house to possibly put it up for sale. I’m at work and they are probably inside of the house visiting. I had to move everything inside a closet this morning. I can lock the closet but I don’t have the key nor does the landlord. I tried to pick the lock to see if I could lock it, I was able to pick it once and didn’t succeed a 2nd time so I said fu*k it and just put some heavy stuff in front of the door, as I was getting late to work. I hope everything will be okay, I’m glad I prepared for this to happen.

Update:

Well while I was writing this, I got the word from the owner and he’s going to put the house on the market next month. So basically I’m screwed because a photographer is going to come take pictures in the beginning of August and obviously people will want to visit… The good news is he didn’t open the closet!

The seed run is paused and now it’s operation relocation.

6 Likes

That’s really shitty!! Hope things work out for you. Wish I could be there to help, I would watch the plants while you moved for sure.

2 Likes

First of all, you, bad father, left your child unprotected and now it looks sad and weepy till you learn your lesson! Then it’ll pick up speed and spirit and forgive you… next, a lot of shit just to keep them plants out of sight. If we were on Mars I’d yell, “who or what the heck has to do with nosing into my own private life which is currently showing signs of plants on the outside!?” Ok, starting from the landlord, there will be a line of a…holes willing to do it just for the kick of it!! Be safe brother, a plant we can always go back to it and grow again, the deprivation of either your freedom and life is unthinkable!!! Miss the babies’ pics from the wild!! Please feed us with some more!!! It was fun and funny reading it!!! LOL! :rofl: :hugs: :laughing: :flushed: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for you support @Oldtimerunderground @Abbbian finding another place to stay is going to be a challenge and yes I know I was a bad father… I work full time and sometime it’s hard to keep up with them and the ones outside. But hey I’m still good and I still have weed so everything is good. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

So I have come to the conclusion that the Strawberry Banana will have to go outside at Spot B of the guerrilla thread. I initially didn’t want to do that because I don’t think it will be able to finish properly outside. But I read somewhere that it’s a strain that flowers fast and anyways I don’t have anywhere to put it now.

6 Likes

That Strawberry Banana will love the sun, if you can keep the soil moist. She’ll stretch out there. Maybe by the time she is ready to flower, you can bring her back inside.

These two girls (Reserva Privada Strawberry Banana) were raised that way. Started from seed inside, went outside at 4 weeks veg, back inside to flip and now they have about 10 days to finish:

8 Likes

Hey @Flylowgethigh welcome to OG! You have some beautiful plants. I’m sure she will love th8e sun in comparison to what she has right now. We’ll see how she goes, only time will tell.

My plants were outside by necessity as I had no room. I suggest using a SWICK bed to keep the bag moist. I am also using organic living soil in bags, 10 gallon. They love the sun.

Good luck

1 Like

Looks good in here

1 Like

Day 67
Unfortunately the seed run will have to be postponed as it’s going to be impossible for me go spray it everyday… But it’s okay I’ll choose another strain to do it with once I get the chance to grow indoors again.

5 Likes

Well I lost my car the other day, some kids rear ended me on the highway and sandwiched me (RIP he’s mom’s insurance). Hopefully I can find the time to take the bus and go see the plant in a few days, but let’s just say it’s not my top priority at the moment. I’m glad I was able to get her to the spot before. Luckily it rained yesterday.

Stay safe Overgrowers :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Really sorry to hear that, hope you’re okay. This happened on the highway too?! Man that sucks.

1 Like

Yeah, the car in front break from 100kmh to zero, I manage to break behind him, I looked in the mirror, saw the guy fly and already knew he was going to smash me hard. The hit was surprisingly smooth, maybe because I had a second to prepare myself. Came out of the car like nothing happened lol.

3 Likes

Wow brother that’s crazy. Did you hit the car in front of you after getting rear ended? Make sure you get checked out if you start to feel any latent effects from the accident like back and/or neck pain.

1 Like

Yeah exactly, I made sure the cop got that right! My neck and back are already not so good, I was sure it would hurt but for now I’m good. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The wicking bed (SWICK) would give you several days between visits. Hope you get another car soon and the wreck doesn’t cause injuries.

My SB plants are bending the stems from weight, and will get topped in a few days.

2 Likes

Nice congrats on the colas! I forgot to mention no one in the crash got hurt. Yeah I think I saw some designs online called “self-watering pots”, I always wanted to try. But I have faith that nature will provide what it needs and that the plant will take care of itself. I also keep track of the weather, so I can guess when it’ll need some water. Like it’s going to rain tonight and the next rain is in 5 days with 70% possibility, so I’ll probably go check/water it tomorrow or the day after so I can have some peace of mind for the hot days coming.

Day 74

Well it looks like it didn’t rain much. I guess I’ll have to come water it more often with the heat that’s coming…

And here are the clones, 2 survived. I see roots but they’re not growing, I thought I’d see more action, maybe they need a bigger pot?

5 Likes

Hey man, I followed your topic, I hope you’re okay…

It took your clones 26 days to root, is that it?
Did you use the same planting soil? Amount of perlite/soil.

My cultivation is similar to yours and it’s also organic, I’m learning to use aloe.

Well, I’m wrong, but maybe it’s time to start with diluted nutrients, for them to start plant growth.

2 Likes