ELG's Strawberry Banana Seed Run Attempt

Thanks for the advice @LabRat. You have some good points, I am now considering building a small flower cabinet/box with the bulbs I have left. It will make this and futur breeding projects easier. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Day 33

The FIM

Starting to bush out nice!

I’m starting to realize I’m pretty lucky to have ordered 2 seeds and to have a plant looking this nice and growing so easy. So I’m really happy :blush:

Bonus

Here is a picture of my Virginia tobacco.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

15 Likes

All right so, here my diy Colloidal Silver maker

I started the process in the morning (200ml distilled water, and 14 gauge silver wire from amazon) and got busy. 11 hours and 45 minutes later it looked like this:

I think this is a success. I bought a tds meter to test the liquid, but after reading bit on OG, I don’t think it’s useful… Anyways we got CS!! Now I only have to figure out the strength.

11 Likes

Looks good, should work for you. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Nice thanks (: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

looks good, what is the purity of your silver?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

It’s 99.99%

2 Likes

Looking good, if you have an air pump and stone to agitate the water when making it that should help. Remember to put a lid so it doesn’t splash water everywhere. If you have a Mason jar with a ring band you can cut some plastic to fit the top, with holes for silver and airline. Plus with a small enough pump and 1 quart Mason jar you can fit everything inside for storage.

5 Likes

Thank you for the advice! I don’t unfortunately, what does the pump do? Is it like for the particle size and stuff?

2 Likes

In my unscientific, wake-n-bake opinion, it helps agitate the mix and reduce build up on the rod that usually turns black. Also helps reduce the particle size of the finished product for greater penetration and efficacy. Again, I’m higher than a kite on a windy day, so what do I know lol.

If you need one just send me a pm and I’ll ship you out one. I think I have a spare.

7 Likes

Thank you for the offer I really appreciate it, I’ll let you know :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll try with what I have and we’ll see how it works!

2 Likes

Day 37 : She’s starting to bush out. Some branches are about ready to be cut I think but I will still wait. I’ll try to get at least 4-5 clones so I can give one away to my friend a have some spare just in case. She starting to smell nice, the 4" carbon filter and the cheap inline fan are struggling to keep up. I can’t imagine when it starts flowering…

8 Likes

Day 44: Now I’m basically just waiting for her to have long enough shoots so I can take the cuts. The stem rubs smell like grapefruit :grinning:. The humidity gets pretty high during the night, I might have to invest in a dehumidifier before I flip her. How do you overgrowers deal with high humidity?

I also have to start building that flower box soon, bought 4 sockets for the bulbs, got an old power cord and got some wood board I can use for the walls. Now I just need to figure something for the airflow, I’m thinking a pc fan should be enough. :thinking:

Bonus: Raspberries from the garden.

10 Likes

Day 48: The Cloning.

Keeping it as organic as I can, I won’t be using the rooting hormones. It’s my first attempt at rooting cuttings so we’ll see how it goes! I dipped the clones in an aloe verra branche (I don’t know how it’s called) to help with rooting and put them in soil. I also squeezed the remaining aloe verra gel in the pots near the stem and watered. I only took 2 for now, I’ll probably take another one in a few days.

The 2 at the bottom are Strawberry Banana cuts and the one on top is a LSD (Barney’s farm) my friend gave me. Apparently it’s a mold and disease resistant plant, hopefully it roots nice too.

8 Likes

Looking good :slightly_smiling_face: nothing like some aloe for healthy organic roots.

2 Likes

Yeah, in the beginning I wanted to just stick it directly in the soil but I remembered that I had an old aloe verra plant chilling somewhere. I heard people cloned with that so why not, the aloe was getting big anyway.

1 Like

It’s true.

2 Likes

So you can just rub cut aloe onto a cut and place directly into soil and it will root? That’s awesome!

1 Like

Yeah apparently, stick around and we’ll see!

1 Like

I try to do things as organically as I can myself, and I’ve just gone with trying to root in water. Definitely gonna stick around and see how it goes!

1 Like