Environment here changed

Thankyou my friend, you and many more like you on this site are truly awesome people, and make this the great site it is.
Bless you allšŸ’š

2 Likes

490 posts in and Iā€™m still trying to figure out which old members are bitching about not receiving free seeds because of new members that @HaRdRoC is referring to? I surely must have missed that in the last 500 posts, cuz I didnā€™t read anything like that. Mostly what ive gotten from this novel is that people arenā€™t comfortable with the riff raff that flock to giveaways that donā€™t offer jack shit to the site in the form of knowledge, comraderie, learning, grow logs, advice or any form of cannabis related wisdom besides the onslaught of gimme gimme gimme. And the older members saying that the onslaught of threads asking for money from members is a slippery slope as it always comes back eventually to bite members and og in the ass and opens og up to lots of scammers and crooks with an angle. I just witnessed 150 members get taken for 10 grand. Where there is one successful scam more will follow. Meaning if one person figured out a chink in the armor then otherā€™s will too. Personally I donā€™t want to witness that again and think in the end it makes it look worse when the only 3 people who benefited from that scam were the breeder (by no fault of his), the scammer and the server fund. Most of us realize that the site itself had nothing to do with it, but there is always that one guy who will blame og and start spreading ill will and rallying others on a big bitch and hate fest claiming it was ogs fault. Weā€™ve already seen it happen on a failed coop box and people demanding that og do something about it and insisting that it wasnā€™t a strictly member driven endeavour. Some of you may remember that shitshow, as a matter of fact Iā€™ve seen a recent post about it a year or more later with the same conspiracy theory.

The older and longer time members as far as I can tell are more concerned with legal implications of monetary exchanges and the man coming in to try and take everyone down cuz they arenā€™t getting their cut and the failed monetary endeavors (meaning thieves) sullying the reputation and culture of the site. Not to mention the big partā€¦ we donā€™t want our members getting ripped off.

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve read one post about someone pissed that they couldnā€™t get a free seed.

27 Likes

Honestly Iā€™m done trying to explain and defend myself, Donā€™t like me, or what I say or doā€¦? Hit the fucking ignore button

2 Likes

Iā€™m in on the group buy-

Tried to stay positive, until I wasnā€™tā€¦

I had a short circuit temper tantrum. Even made off the charts comments to the evil moderators.

They cleaned up my mess and put me on pause.

But Iā€™m still here?

Maybe they arenā€™t so evil after allā€¦

Iā€™m a legacy grower, original member who had to get out of it.

My state legalized last year, and I started researching US based breeders, and decided to try Cult Classics. I ordered a few packs, and got several free packs. He sent the freebies to make up for one of the strains I ordered was out of stock. I thought that was cool of him and made another order.

Then, I found OG

I was excited to join again and see who was in here.

First thing I got was warnings not to ask for free seeds-

Well, Iā€™ve got enough gear from Marcus to keep me busy for yearsā€¦

After the warnings not to ask for seeds, I got advice to grow some genetics from OG :grinning:

Iā€™ll be around until they run me off-

Or, cart me offā€¦

12 Likes

I call that the ā€œkid in the candy store maniaā€
Asking for seeds in their very first post!

Maybe it was IG but I seem to remember something in the Community Guidelines eschewing this.

31 posts were merged into an existing topic: What do stoners eat? :fork_and_knife:

Dibs on the recipe!

4 Likes

And sometimes straight up calling someone out for this BS may be warranted, anyone who participates in this conversation likely isnā€™t the problem. Everyone who is doing self reflection, you are making this community better, we all are. :blush::+1:

7 Likes

So how does the free seeds thread get off topic and end up as bs-ing?

Friendly people, and good weed. Common interests such as munchies helps.

:joy:

15 Likes

It looks like everyone has calmed down, it might be safe to come out of the bunker nowā€¦

3 Likes

Sorry to get off topic here but let me get back to the OverGrow mission. If you are one of those folks who missed out on the Paonia Purple Paralyzer seed run due to the fall box going missing I have good news, at this point I have made enough seeds to cover your initial sign up. Check out the original thread or my grow diary for info. Your initial sign up will be moved to my thread and honored. Check it out if you still have interest as this small void will now be filled. Have a great evening all.

20 Likes

10h

12h

How did my posts end up under @OldSchoolNewKid ā€˜s name?

3 Likes

3 Likes

As very new to this site as I am, I can understand the frustration of the well meaning forefathers of this site to share sacred seeds with those genetically unable to grasp the concept of the truth that can lie within these flowers petals! Or pistols! Giving is really the only thing thatā€™s ever going to give you anything back! Should I order the green lace wing egg strips to help with spider mites in my greenhouse? Itā€™s freekin hot in there to with two fans and good circulation but how hot can I go? Itā€™s supposed to be 90 + for at least two weeks. White widow is looking whiter and happier now that heā€™s gone! Haha! Donā€™t give up on us newbs.

2 Likes

I agree 100% - this notion that has cemented itself in some peopleā€™s minds that the old members are scoffing because they canā€™t collect every seed is pure fantasy. I agree with all of the rest of your post too @Meesh , you are a wise woman. The fact that 150 people here have been recently scammed out of over $10k collectively, with the server getting a hefty cut, and then all of the members being shut out of any further discussion regarding the ripoff in that thread, is very concerning to me, However that is not the environment here that is changing or most concerning - the part that bothers me about the ā€œFree Seedā€ thread and what it turned in to was the fact that it attracted a lot of people who heard about the fact that OG was a place for freebies, and they would become attracted to only the free seeds thread and offered nothing of value as far as content, or even camaraderie to this site. They would get ā€œrepā€ from simply posting ā€œdibsā€ over and over again. As concerning as that is however, what ultimately disturbs me (and I suspect a few others here as well) is the fact that some older members are then taking those seeds that they got for free through OG, and are then turning back around offering to sell the seeds to the community because their grandma got hemorrhoids, or even to ā€œbenefit the server.ā€ Since most everyone has cash flow issues at one point or another, others will see people doing that and follow suit, and I can imagine we will be seeing more of that in the future if it is allowed to continue.

19 Likes

agreed on the selling of free seeds, thatā€™s just downright reprehensible! For any reason!
All my life in my travels, Iā€™ve only gave away seeds, or traded them, never sold! I have sold some to commercial growers a couple of times, but that wasnā€™t ā€˜onlineā€™ā€¦

10 Likes

Might I suggest you go to the growing threads and post your problems, then youā€™ll receive a lot of ideas and what other folks do for those same problems. Iā€™d also suggest you take what you need of that ā€˜adviceā€™ and let the rest go lol

editā€¦ You will get some BS advice as well, is why I say use what you want of it lol As an example, I recently went to a dispo here In the Tulsa area to see bout placing some product with them. There was a fella that actually worked there said to me he uses the energy drink ā€˜Monsterā€™ on his plantsā€¦I left immediately!! lol

5 Likes

How else would you get ā€œmonsterā€ plants? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

lol I still think Iā€™m gonna pass on the energy drink for the girls

editā€¦ btw, @Oldjoints , howā€™s that back doing? Better, I hope

1 Like

I have heard that before. Seltzer water. I had someone the other day tell me to give the last week of flowering a Coca-Cola