Extreme Appreciation Competition (closed til further notice)

Dunno… I am building light traps and figuring out ducting now… Then I’m gonna flexseal the entire inside… If I can get chances to work on it then I should be ready but life happens and it’s not a big priority at the moment… Just another project… Honestly, right now I am obsessing over inventing a new wrapping vinyl roll handler… Those 5 foot rolls are a b!+c# to handle by yourself.

1 Like

this would pop up the day i planned to take down my tent & retire my indoor for the year. :confounded: really cool idea. :thumbsup:

my competitve side is begging like a whiny brat to get in on it but i’m looking forward to some much needed rest for the holidays. 4 outdoor harvests in one year has been a b*tch for this mo’fo.

Good luck! & best wishes to all who join in.

:heart_eyes: Overgrow!

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Small enough?

Excuse the mess :sweat_smile:

I’ll add another pic of inside later

Thats where I start my plants off

My tent i use is 40cm x 40cm x 120cm

I grew a White Widow in a pc case a few years back I only yielded 3 grams, but it was lovely smoke and I was just over the moon at the fact it was such a small place to grow.

I also had a few plants in the garden that I told my Mother were Japanese Tomato plants.

She thought they were lovely and used to water them until my stepdad told her what they were :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: and she went a bit mental.

I’ve not been able to complete a full grow as of yet as I need to get ventilation sorted as I lost a C99 to Mold and my C99 monster cropped clone died the other week I’m assuming to the high humidity in the cupboard as I don’t have the right enviroment setting atm.

I will be sorting that out sometime this week.

5 Likes

Hey guys, new to the site & new to growing…

I am planning on growing myself in a small tent & would love to get involved in this!

I understand all the points on when & what you have to do etc, what i dont understand is the ‘green dots’ on peoples profiles? How do you get them? is it just through posting etc?

thanks for the help, would love to get involved if i can get my 3 dots by kick off :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers

11 Likes

"Regular (3)

Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.

Regulars can:

Recategorize and rename topics
Spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
Flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-block the user and hide all their posts
Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users) and include topic in GrowFAQ
Daily like limit increased by 2×

You can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25%
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25%
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes."

@Reece77 : You only have one green dot right now… but I’m sure you can have 3 by the end of the month, I’ve earned 3 in a couple weeks! :smiley:

@toastyjakes : Hey, maybe I missed it… but how is the contest judged? What determines who wins?

3 Likes

biggest thing for me in choosing the rules was to give back to the community, more specifically the newer growers, so the green dots were put in place…

it’s not that I’m trying to hold anyone out , but I want to make sure the people that are a part of it want to participate and aren’t here to snatch and grab…

which is why I made it a competition instead of a giveaway, to be sure that the ones who competed are actually gonna stick around for a while and be a part of the community…

that being said, as it is a competition, I’ll be happy to let you put your name in the hat and give it a go… I want to give every new grower a chance and who am I to deny you entry.

so your name is in, get you a seed or a three started between Oct 1 and Oct 8 and update is as you go…

also @Reece77, find yourself a good profile picture… its a good first step in establishing yourself on the boards!

good luck and grow on!

2 Likes

at the end of this contest I will make a poll thread, and i will upload all the individual growers’ plant photos (start to finish)

each post on the thread will be a different participant and their plants, so everyone can have a look at individual progress along the way and then vote for their favorite

if i or a small group of people were to vote on winners, there would be an outcry of rigging and making certain people look good and that’s not what I’m trying to do lol

1 Like

@toastyjakes : Sounds good… let the people decide! :smiley: For me personally, for a beginner’s grow competition, I’d vote based on effort/quality of the journal, rather than the (edit: results of the…) grow… I love a good journal with plenty of updates, photos, stories, etc! :yum:

3 Likes

which is why I chose to have it go that way… I’ve worked it over in my head a dozen times…the poll will be based on effort versus the actual finished product so that’s why I want to give them all their own post in regards to the poll

people can see what they started with and all the work they put into it and decide who takes it…

but since it hasnt started yet, we’ll see how itll work

2 Likes

Nice to see someone using BetaMax still… :smile: :film_frames: :vhs:

:evergreen_tree: or is that an 8-track?..

1 Like

I got there fast as I started out reading ALL the grow FAQ and every grow diary going. I realized how many hours a day I spent reading, when a badge popped up I had got a badge for reading a 100+ post. After that I started asking questioned and haven’t stopped to this day.

I just looked back and I have been here less than I year but seem like a life time, as it is a whole new world here.

3 Likes

I believe that Overgrow has an unlimited amount of knowledge and people with experience. It could very well be a breeder’s nest for all i know but whenever a new member comes over to overgrow, they practically stop being noobs in three or so weeks… People learn a lot and quick too in here.

I see that there are not many noobs at overgrow that could participate right now, so i was thinking how about tweaking the contest a little, maybe a “Grow Off” so anybody could participate. Just saying, we would have to lurk the noobs in to participate in the contest right now… It might also be a volatile situation with noobs not staying for long.

I am trying to think about the best way to make this contest move along and in a good way.

What do you guys think, if it was opened to a broader participation, the contest would be filled with people earger to win.

Just my 2 cents…

Sci :robot:

3 Likes

and as i sit and enjoy my coffee i was thinking about this exact thing.

the new people thats come on dont always have the means of starting right away and thats why theyre here

im gonna think on it a minute and we’ll see how it goes in a bit.

2 Likes

Enjoy your coffee man!

I need this…

Sci :robot:

6 Likes

Having three pips is not necessarily the same as trust level three (Regulars).

It’s a bit easier to get three pips. Read some threads, leave likes, interact, etc. If you’ve posted in this thread as a new user, you are off to a good start. Newer OG members, be sure to introduce yourself if you haven’t already done so:

1 Like

CONTEST UPDATE!!!

So the rules have changed a bit to get more participation, but since the rules changed, so does the method of judgment in the contest.

A jury of your peers ( not involved in the contest) will judge proformance based on plant aesthetic, detail in your logs, and excitement of the individual to grow and learn!

Also an “Underdog” prize will be awarded to the dark horse in the competition.

Sorry to kinda change the whole outlook of the competition and it may seem like opening it up gives way to the loss of the original journey…but keep in mind, its also about togetherness and being a community and helping each other grow even in the midst of a competitive contest.

Bear with me because I feel like its about to take off!
Toast!

5 Likes

I’ve always thought a Growlympics would be fun… :upside_down: even though I’d be unable to compete.

pH taste-testing (blind, water only)
Perfect No-Spill pouring & carrying of 5 gallon buckets (over a beam?)
Fastest fill & amend of 1000 gallon fabric-pot
Joint rolling competition(many avenues & options)
Punative stoning video-gaming(each round’s loser forced to smoke more)
Stoned Team Debate (moderated)
Fastest, Bestest Trimmer of an Elbow :lifter:

…like if Weird-Al ran a weed-based lumberjack competition. or something.

I could go on, but I shouldn’t.

:evergreen_tree: :trophy: :tropical_drink:

4 Likes

This should be fun to watch! I’d go head to head with my outdoor cheapy greenhouse grow, but I can’t start until after my vacation. Good luck to all!

3 Likes

keep in mind though, some of us (at least me lol) don’t actually partake of the bounty… I grow for my wife… but I do very much enjoy the aroma, and the parenting, and the culture of it all :smiley:

4 Likes