(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

I’ve said to so many folks I try to help: “I know you’re hearing what I’m saying but I actually need to you listen if you want me to help you help yourself.” :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Amen brother

2 Likes

As am I in fact, be starting my first co-op pres run very soon. Love the idea of a coop preservation group, it’s absolutely awesome and has been a goal of mine since I learned of it but had no clue what was necessary exactly so thanks @50State

6 Likes

Overgrow is Stoner University…

You will learn more here in a year that you could figure out on your own in a decade of growing. :+1:

Cheers
G

20 Likes

The coop preservations have some different rules from The Freakers rules. @zephyr can let you know anything you need to know. There is actually a list of available strains to run, or you can choose your own provided it meets the guidelines. When it comes time for a run don’t be shy asking for a particular strain you’d really like to run if you don’t see it listed. Someone might have it and send you seeds for a repro. Generally, unless an exception is made by the breeder, strains have to be out of circulation.
The Freaker’s repro landraces old landrace hybrids, heirlooms and some Snowhigh gear, with his blessing.

14 Likes

anyone can participate in the seed run co-op as long as the strain you are reproducing is no longer available for sale. you can use your own seed stock, or we have a system for requesting strains from other members.

here is a link to the strains that people have offered to donate. if you are interested in growing one of these, just contact the member who offered the seeds.

and check out the co-op subcategory to see other seed run threads, and co-op rules.

13 Likes

Very cool! I will study up on this some more. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

'Sweet! Tag me when you start. I’m thinking about what i will run next for the coop. Something Indica lol.

15 Likes

Tardy to the party as per usual, but definitely pulling up a seat to watch, I’ve only ever heard rumor of lambsbread, it’ll be awesome to see man actual representation, hope the grow goes smoothly for you @Upstate :v:t2::v:t2:

8 Likes

Quick update…7 plants are growing well, with 2 stragglers. Been babying them, so hoping they get growing soon. I hate to cull even weak plants with such low plant numbers…

51 Likes

So stoked to see this growing before I pull the trigger on buying my own Lambsbread seeds. Pretty seedlings so far! They grow up so fast :grinning:

6 Likes

@crunkyeah I’m glad you mentioned that. This Lambsbread is currently available from Monkey Puzzle genetics (Steve Dando) on instagram. Check him out. He’s got some great local Cambodian and other landrace and hybrid genetics and could use the business.

15 Likes

These are looking good! Sending positive vibes :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

@Upstate Thanks for sharing! I’ll have to wait for him to add me on the gram. Does he have a description for this version of Lambsbread?

I was thinking about going with TLT’s Jamaican Longtime, as there’s also some other really cool looking landraces I want to work with that they offer.

Currently I know of about 4 different sources for ‘Lambsbread’ which are out of stock at the moment but maybe they’ll replenish the various seed stocks soon. I want to have 2-3 seeds from each company just for my collection, as well as a stable mother and father of the fabled ‘grilled lamb/bread’ pheno.

6 Likes

I suspect the landrace team Jamaican could be Lambs bread. I caught that grilled lamb hint myself.( tho I think they made this up )Steve’s version is the old one and it’s definitely legitimate. I would also add that it was grown and reproduced outdoors in Cambodia for this latest seed making round and that surely added some Pizzazz back into it. The latitude and climate are pretty similar to Jamaica. I have both going at the moment so we can see the difference first hand soon. The Jamaican long time are finally recovering from whatever damage I did earlier in their life. New Growth is normal and green and they will be worthy of a photo in another week. Just before having soil issues I briefly ran out of Rainwater( meltwater) and watered with my well water, which in the winter here is high in calcium and iron and I think this may have locked out Nitrogen either by their excess or by throwing off the PH… The other plants( Lambsbread) didn’t need water during my time with no melt water and they are growing fine in the same soil mix.
If you ask Steve Dando for a catalog he will supply you with a description of everything he has, including Lambsbread.

18 Likes

How do you get in touch with Steve?

2 Likes

Leave him a message on Instagram and he will get back to you. Mention OG too. I told him I’d try to send some business his way.

9 Likes

Hey brother I have a pack of those lambs bread from Steve if you’re not happy with the male female ratio or just would like a few extra let me know I’ll send them your way. Got to love those long skinny leaves. How long did steve say these take to finish?

11 Likes

All the information I got about it I got from reading about it on icmag. Probably be pretty tough for Steve to judge actual indoor flowering time but it should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 24 weeks. Once they get a little bigger I’ll snap a picture so he can identify the different phenotypes.

Thanks buddy . Let’s wait and see if the Runts snap out of their stupor.

14 Likes

Hey guys.
I just ordered 10 of the Lambsbread from Steve. He told me quite a bit about the strain as I had some specific questions for him about it. I am mostly interested in it for breeding purposes so I asked about some specific traits.

It sounds like it’s the real deal. I’m super excited to work with this strain.

I do have some questions for you guys though reading your comments.

I understand landrace/heirloom can be really wild and unstable. It does not sound like this strain suffers from that. It sounds like a true ibl.

Do I need to worry about finding a “stable” male for breeding? I can’t use a female since my other strain is a clone-only female. I sure hope 10 seeds is enough to find one.

7 Likes