(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

@crunkyeah I’m glad you mentioned that. This Lambsbread is currently available from Monkey Puzzle genetics (Steve Dando) on instagram. Check him out. He’s got some great local Cambodian and other landrace and hybrid genetics and could use the business.

15 Likes

These are looking good! Sending positive vibes :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

@Upstate Thanks for sharing! I’ll have to wait for him to add me on the gram. Does he have a description for this version of Lambsbread?

I was thinking about going with TLT’s Jamaican Longtime, as there’s also some other really cool looking landraces I want to work with that they offer.

Currently I know of about 4 different sources for ‘Lambsbread’ which are out of stock at the moment but maybe they’ll replenish the various seed stocks soon. I want to have 2-3 seeds from each company just for my collection, as well as a stable mother and father of the fabled ‘grilled lamb/bread’ pheno.

6 Likes

I suspect the landrace team Jamaican could be Lambs bread. I caught that grilled lamb hint myself.( tho I think they made this up )Steve’s version is the old one and it’s definitely legitimate. I would also add that it was grown and reproduced outdoors in Cambodia for this latest seed making round and that surely added some Pizzazz back into it. The latitude and climate are pretty similar to Jamaica. I have both going at the moment so we can see the difference first hand soon. The Jamaican long time are finally recovering from whatever damage I did earlier in their life. New Growth is normal and green and they will be worthy of a photo in another week. Just before having soil issues I briefly ran out of Rainwater( meltwater) and watered with my well water, which in the winter here is high in calcium and iron and I think this may have locked out Nitrogen either by their excess or by throwing off the PH… The other plants( Lambsbread) didn’t need water during my time with no melt water and they are growing fine in the same soil mix.
If you ask Steve Dando for a catalog he will supply you with a description of everything he has, including Lambsbread.

18 Likes

How do you get in touch with Steve?

2 Likes

Leave him a message on Instagram and he will get back to you. Mention OG too. I told him I’d try to send some business his way.

9 Likes

Hey brother I have a pack of those lambs bread from Steve if you’re not happy with the male female ratio or just would like a few extra let me know I’ll send them your way. Got to love those long skinny leaves. How long did steve say these take to finish?

11 Likes

All the information I got about it I got from reading about it on icmag. Probably be pretty tough for Steve to judge actual indoor flowering time but it should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 to 24 weeks. Once they get a little bigger I’ll snap a picture so he can identify the different phenotypes.

Thanks buddy . Let’s wait and see if the Runts snap out of their stupor.

14 Likes

Hey guys.
I just ordered 10 of the Lambsbread from Steve. He told me quite a bit about the strain as I had some specific questions for him about it. I am mostly interested in it for breeding purposes so I asked about some specific traits.

It sounds like it’s the real deal. I’m super excited to work with this strain.

I do have some questions for you guys though reading your comments.

I understand landrace/heirloom can be really wild and unstable. It does not sound like this strain suffers from that. It sounds like a true ibl.

Do I need to worry about finding a “stable” male for breeding? I can’t use a female since my other strain is a clone-only female. I sure hope 10 seeds is enough to find one.

7 Likes

These have around 15% hermie, 25% male.

11 Likes

That’s all I needed to hear sounds legit from everything he told me also. And a few herms don’t scare me none that’s why I got a 30 pack

8 Likes

Wow! I would have never thought stable males were so hard to find. I guess I may have to pick some more up before he runs out! Said stock is getting low. I picked up just 10 because I couldn’t go for just the red Lambsbread. I had to pick up 10 Honey too. That sounds sublime!

Thanks for the info! Appreciate the OG help here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The latest set of leaves on the Lambsbread plants are looking funky. These are the only plants doing this, and most of them now look like this. The only time I’ve ever seen leaves that look like this are from flea Beetle damage. I may have killed one of the little bastards without thinking about it a week ago. Or was a blob of mud water. Any other ideas?

19 Likes

Only time I’ve seen this is with a Durban poison I grew.
At the time I was asked about my ph (that I never checked). The plant lived but did a strange top itself thing. It made 3 buds from the main stalk

4 Likes

Ph should be ok. Have some land race Mexicans in the same set up doing just fine…hoping they snap out of it quickly. Flea beetles are hard to find. Typically I just find the damage and no or few flea beetles but a neem spray takes care of the issue. We shall see.

1 Like

i had plants like this when growing in Forest, without exchanging or loosening Soil.

Later they looked fine. So, my feeling says , they will be fine, and will also continue to grow.
I would say its both: the genetics , and the soil-watering-enviroment. But anyway, they will be fine my 5 cents. I would not cull them, those are the vulcanic Phenos.

A last idea: In my Forest the Soil-layer was very thin, and clay below. So i think it was standing water… Something tells me , repot them now, so water can flow effortless away from Roots

5 Likes

I’m sure they’ll be okay too. I’m keeping a close eye on the next leaf set. Hoping they look better. I let the plants get pretty dry before this last watering two days ago(, which i did without calmag) and they should be dry again tonight, so i don’t think it’s too much water. It’s possible they’re just very sensitive to any liquid nutrients at all, including calmag. Hope so.

7 Likes

i just remember now,
While flowering beforeamentioned Crop , one plant suddenly just died and fell over. the rootstock was rotten, thats all i could observe. It may infact be some kind of Damage from a Virus, or whaterver.
Also someone else nearby, one of his Plants died, fell over like mine, and yet another time the following year the same. I concluded something must have gone around.

slightly visible on the thin leave, (i actually tried to not photograph damage, it was way more twisted):

8 Likes

Turned out flea beetles were the culprits. Would you believe there were only 2 of them? Crazy how quick they can mess a plant up. The recent two sets of leaves are growing normally and I just transplanted into half gallon containers, which I may regret LOL.
A couple of the plants are still looking weak. I think they were the ones attacked by the flea Beatles earliest.
@YoBigdaddy if you want to send me three or four more beans it might be a good idea.

11 Likes

Never even seen a flea beetle, just looked them up, man there sure is a plethora of creatures that can F&$! Up a crop real quick …. Constantly compiling info over here, hope all goes well, positive vibes headed your way.

5 Likes