Fan setup questions

There is alot of mixed information out there. Other threads people saying they have ran whole grows dialing up from 50 to 75 then 100 last weeks of flower

1 Like

15 yrs ago the last time I tried this the space I used hit 100 deg with the lights on and I didnā€™t see any ill effects other than extremely fast water uptake. Night temps were mid 70s. I mean how bad can it really be if Iā€™m over 85 lights on since the plants grow in areas with 100+ temps naturally

1 Like

LAHID.pdf (76.6 KB)

Hereā€™s is a little info I dug up

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know, I saw a grower on YouTube say they are not much good running at a lower power setting. Due to narrowing of spectrum.

Your right there is a lot of conflicting info out there, the problem is, everyoneā€™s grow is slightly different, so there is always exceptions. Maybe it was his make of light bulb that was no good.

I am not saying itā€™s impossible to grow at high temperatures, I just found it very frustrating and stressful being a bit of a perfectionist. So sorry if I am coming over as a bit of a dick.

If you are a new grower itā€™s going to add more stress to your first grow, and a greater possibility of a dissapointment. So I am just trying give you a heads up of possible problems, I encountered trying to do the same thing, I am not saying donā€™t do it. Fore warned is fore armed lol. Itā€™s good to have a backup plan.

I was constantly having to re adjust things every day, depending on ambient temps, until I got the air-conditioning set up to deal with all the extra heat, compared to my LEDs I was using, before I got the HPS light.

I would be interested to see a grow run @ 750 on a 1000w light. To know for sure how well the plants do.

2 Likes

I have been at 750 for a few weeks. My temps were fine before switching (72 to 75) I did it due to plants stretching and the intensity being too much that close. Plants have been trained and or bent away
I am going back up to 1000 soon.

2 Likes