FBSC Colombian Gold

I have a few minutes before heading out.

This is not a Freaker’s only sign up. this is for everyone else.

I believe this is the real deal. I was smoking Colombian Gold in the 70’s. If you are growing for head stash, let her go 24 weeks.

22 Likes

Here is mom and the 4 clones right before they were chopped.

Mom was almost 6 feet tall. The clones were between 42 and 46 inches.

38 Likes

Oh he’ll yeah. Now that’s a beautiful thing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Peace. Thank U for Ur evident hard work and dedication and I appreciate the opportunity to grow these out. Be safe.
Peace

7 Likes

This is one of the clones I kept unseeded at 6 weeks in flower. She is now over 9 weeks in. I topped her several months ago and made another clone.

40 Likes

That was a long story :sweat_smile: and strong commitment, appreciate your dedication on this and sharing your success, recently harvested my first sativas and I can assure all that looong flowering period is worth to wait … Pirata|nullxnull

10 Likes

Wow @Old-Ron! So cool! I’m going to grow an Afro for this 70’s throwback!

6 Likes

I’m definitely signed up… I have some seeds that are called Colombian Gold, but they’re F2s of the Colombian Gold from World of Seeds so I suspect they’ve now become polyhybrids by default. :frowning: Apparently World of Seeds’ “Pure Origin Collection” is nothing but hybrids of those strains, with a very deceptive choice of names. @Nagel420, you might want to mark that down for the ones in your stash too, so you can keep these separate from the ones you got from me.

Thanks for sharing the results of what looks like an excellent run, @Old-Ron and freakers!

11 Likes

Damm nice project!! Thanks for dedication and share your work @Old-Ron

24 weeks :exploding_head:

6 Likes

I would by default anyway (keep em separate since different source), but its good to know about WoS hybrids… Thanks for the tag…

5 Likes

I figured as much, since it seemed like your collection was fully as OCD as mine, but just in case. :wink:

1 Like

Cool to see more classic legend strains! Thanks for your efforts!

5 Likes

Thanks for your dedication, 24 weeks is a lot! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

They look amazing I’m still skittish about starting my Oaxacan working myself up to it

3 Likes

Very nice. I remember the first time I had Colombian gold it was back in the before times of 1986.

3 Likes

Bruh, this is so relatable! I got interested in landrace/heirloom genetics and loved the histories and potential effects, and the ostensible challenge of growing a long flowering strain.
Now, thanks to OG I’ve gotten some Oaxaca, and Old Silver Thai, but I’m like “okay 2 more cycles, and then you’ll be ready to pop the landraces.”
It seems like such a commitment!

8 Likes

Nice work @Old-Ron. You are a patient man. Thanks for the opportunity to put your work in the collection.

3 Likes

Need to jump on board. I probably will be starting my seed run soon also. Good luck.

2 Likes

This is awesome! Thank you for doing this @Old-Ron my mentor and I have been searching for beans of the Gold for quite some time. He swears it’s one of the best all around smokes he ever had! And said the terps were completely unique as well. Personally I’ve never had the pleasure but with the hype he built up over the 24 years I’ve known him I’ve always wanted to try it. And he’s been growing heavily for appx 40 years so either his memory is going or this was something special! Either way I look forward to trying it out, just not the 24-26 week timeframe :grimacing:

7 Likes

Ooo!! Thank you for this one!
Columbian Gold!! Yes Please!
Plants look awesome.
Just taking a seat and tagging along!

2 Likes