Federal legalization in the USA, what does the future hold for cannabis?

The link with all their patents isn’t helpful when discussing their patents? I see.

1 Like

It is the doug varin clone they sequenced. It is known. It is widely known. You’d just have to do some research and find out for yourself what happened with phylos.

You said…

Sure it could be, but it does not suggest that they did or did not steal the source material they have a patent on.
I personally think they did, but that may be hard to prove.
One thing for sure is…they obtained genetic material under false pretenses, that much can not be argued.

You can download their data here.
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/eva/?eva-study=PRJEB49958

It seems they got small stem and leaf samples. I’m still looking into it more.

Not really, I know what happened with phylos, I called them scammers from the start…skunkface too.
There is a a few threads about that, but skunkface erased all of his posts.
Have a look you can see for yourself how it all played out.

1 Like

But how and where did they get those samples? :thinking:
Check out the links I provided.
There was some more info available but skunkface is a moderator and cleaned up anything incriminating.
If you look you will see a bunch of empty posts from Scam, I mean Sam.
I wonder why he deleted so many of them??? :wink:

Here is some more info that was posted here on OG concerning phylos.

BTW
Phylos has said publicly they plan to sell out to the likes of monsanto or syngenta…AKA big AG, or who ever will pay them the most…WTF??

1 Like

People sent them in and they read 2000 of the 38-39k genomes. That’s not enough to steal someone’s plant you would need more data. This article was pretty informative.

3 Likes

May I suggest you are not properly informed.
From 2019
samples were duplicated into tissue cultures and genetic mapping

From their website:

We believe data sharing advances industry innovation and ensures heritage varieties remain protected.

Unrivaled Plant Genetics
Conception has assembled the finest collection of germplasm (existing plant varieties) in the world. We also have access to the largest database of cannabis genomics in the world.

Yea, they now own everything in the phylos galaxy.

Phylos would like to offer a special thanks to all those here that submitted samples.
:laughing::laughing:

This below was not said by me, but it is a good quote…LOL

I think anyone sending them seeds or cuts or any live potential material is an idiot. The fact they even ask for seeds is disgusting and then you have various industry names like Sam asking people to send phylos seeds. Strong sense of fuck that.

3 Likes

BTW
I started a thread titled Phylos was a scam and all parties knew about it from the start.

It was deleted by Skunkface of course.

From your link
This is a outright lie and proven as such.
Phylos Bioscience in 2014 they had one major goal: to provide more transparency in the cannabis industry.

Ask yourself the question…
Why did they never finish the galaxy?
I don’t know the answer but I feel it is because it was just a cover and they already had the plant samples needed.

This discussion should be in this thread.

This was a message to gypsy from another member, not me.
Yes, I have the proper permission to post this. :wink:
From the link

1 Like

Free seeds for everyone! Just somebody hook me up with some Canadian stamps.
But free! I do ask that you don’t map the genome!

2 Likes

I almost forgot @Chimera was involved in the scam too, I left him out of my rants because he admitted he knew what phylos was doing with the genetics they received.

He came into the phylos thread here and made some comments about we should know better than to say these things.
I asked him if he remembered me and he did not reply and has not been back since as far as I know.

Remember…
We also have access to the largest database of cannabis genomics in the world.

But how did they obtain such a database? :thinking:

1 Like

I’m big in the stamp trading game now, but haven’t branched out to my northern neighbor. But I’m willing too.

1 Like

It’s an incredibly incomplete database from the sounds of it.

1 Like

I’d you want ‘‘em you got ‘em

1 Like

We got seeds in different areas codes.

2 Likes

OG is probably the best place in the world for open source cannabis.
I was excited about the open source cannabis project when I heard about it, shame it turned out to be another phylos scam too…WTF?

Hey @shag I’m trying to brush up on this topic, and it has alot of great information.
I like your view towards these Big Corp Azzhats, you are saying Skunkman is a sellout? (Is Bubbleman still chill?)

I saw this video that left me wondering and worried about how complicated these new processes are regarding Genetic Mapping, and Patents.
It is a long video and I don’t expect anyone to watch it.
Gave me a Headache to be honest.
The whole video confused me

I met someone that knew the Huckleberry Farms Guy. So I asked him about “Whitethorn Rose” and Patents.
He said their Farm is certified to run the “Whitethorn Rose” or something. So it has begun…(Closed Doors, Locked up Strains)

I just feel like this Candor, Herbarium, Genetics Database stuff they are talking about sounds just like the Phylos thing that failed.
I think Huckleberry Farms is just trying to protect their creation from others mapping it and jacking it, but I feel big wigs and money are incentivizing all this

Should I be worried about this?
Why is it so complicated and wack?
Is this video BS? Or these guys are on the right path to protect their work?

At 9:00 she says “if somebody comes across and says, I think this is Whitethorn Rose (that someone else is growing),
they can do the DNA test, compare it to the Herbarium Sample, and issue a cease and desist because you are making money off his work without giving anything back…”

Kinda rediculous to try to make Royalties of some strain.

I’m sorry to make this so long winded
Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this next wave of weird shit legal jargon.

1 Like

I am saying skunkface is not who folks think he is.
If working with big pharma and phylos and big AG make you a sellout then yes.
Is skunkface a liar?
Yes, I know this first hand and I said it to his face/ monitor. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

As far as I know, he is not on my radar.
I have heard some things discussed but everyone has haters.
I would chalk that up to gossip myself but I never really looked into things around him.

He musta signed a contract like the one I posted.

It has definitely begun… :pensive:

Look at things this way…phylos was a huge success for the company.
Big cash is flowing for them right now.

Most likely the case, if someone is gonna claim it, why not you/them.

Sure, it is very logical to think this.
We know Syngenta ect are all involved in the game.

I would say be concerned, the hidden implications could get scary.
But worry, I would not, at this point, we are probably too far gone to do anything.
But spread the word you never know, if enough people get outraged by this, something could happen.

I will check out the video and get back to ya.

This is very true and example can be seen everywhere in the commercial AG biz.

Very profitable though right?
Can you imagine getting paid for every plant of yours that is grown worldwide.
If they want more they must get it from you.
The concept is hard for some to grasp, so they call it fear mongering…LOL

2 Likes

Thanks for the video.
It was pretty informative.
Truthfully it sounds a lot like phylos 2.0, but I don’t wanna say that until I learn more.
I would hate to falsely accuse them of that without reason.

I started a new thread with some of the info from a video.

1 Like