Figured id show my DIY air scrubber

Lots of barrels and filter matetial…haha

11 Likes

I don’t believe regular charcoal will work very well, but at the shear size off 55 gal maybe it’ll work enough. Charcoal is pretty porous. Activated charcoal is hella porous. Far as I know that’s the only difference.

5 Likes

I am betting on having a shear shitload of it, so hoping it does work.

1 Like

At least we have pretty popular #diy tag :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lmao, i had no idea. :joy::joy:

Great idea!. Do you find that it reduces noise of the fan as well?

1 Like

Hm, um…it definitely reduces the sound of air flowing, but i would not say the fan. You crank it up, it can be heard …lol

Im pretty sure charcoal briquettes will be fine. They can just take longer. Last year I had to dry in my bathroom in my apartment because of an early snow(:sweat_smile:) so i hung it up and went and bought a bag at the store opened it and just left it there. It took like a day and a half cuz i didn’t crush it but it’ll still absorb the odors in the air. Id crush it for the scrubber tho. First time I learned about charcoal and how good it was for absorbing smells was when I was 14 before I even looked at growing weed. My dad used to clean up houses for people to sell/rent and one of em had an old guy pass away and it was summer in az… My dad bought 4 bags of charcoal sealed up the windows opened the bags up and in two weeks the house smelled like the charcoal and not a body. Stuff is powerful

5 Likes