Finding and selecting properties for growing outdoors

I’m visiting a few properties this weekend for outdoor/greenhouse grows. What questions would you all ask - security, water, permits, etc?

The place is legit with permits and license to grow. I just need to make sure I am well prepared.

1 Like

Everything you mentioned and if the previous renters had any problems with neighbors, police anything like that. You don’t want to step into a spot with a lot of attention.

Here is my list of questions:

1. Water source? Water quality? Included in rent?
  2. Utilities? Included in rent?
  3. Living or bringing a mobile home? If not, how much extra?
  4. Security?
    a. Motion cameras
    b. Fencing
    c. Dogs
  5. Cultivation site (required by county):
    a. Fence must be solid wood or masonry – no taller than 6.5 feet
    b. Cyclone fencing is OK with fabric
    c. Must have a lock
    d. Plants cannot be visible from outside the fence (if so, cover with shade cloth)
  6. Crime activity? What types?
    a. Verifying with county sheriff department – records division
  7. Permit information
    a. Verifying with code enforcement at county planning department
    b. Once the permanent ordinance goes into effect, can the permit be transferred into my name?
  8. Rec information – 600 plants under current ordinance
  9. Leasee contract – would like an overview
  10. Are there any limitations with regards to the property?
  11. Can we harvest, trim, cure at property (is this included with the permit)?
  12. Has anyone lost their crops due to natural problems? Unnatural problems?
  13. Bugs? Infestations? What has been known to happen on the property?
    a. Need to find out what bugs are native to the area
  14. What other crops will be grown on the property?
  15. What other crops are grown nearby?
3 Likes

You look like you are covering all the bases. I wish you nothing but luck.:+1::grin:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m just trying to cover all my bases because I don’t want to be caught up in some unnecessary B.S.

1 Like

You might want to ask the local county sheriff’s office would send a KNOWLEDGABLE officer to inspect your setup before you fire it up so you can have a clean bill of health just in case. Don’t want to lose it all because your lock wasn’t secure enough or some other silly detail somebody can use to get an enforcement bust.

2 Likes

Thanks!!! Waiting to hear back from them on Monday.

1 Like

Must be really cool to grow outside legally like that. I didn’t realize that you were such and involved operation there or I wouldn’t have posted my simple information on strains for outdoors. I’m sure that with an operational setup like that you’ve already picked what you’re going to run with. Anyway, I wish you great luck in your outdoor Endeavors and good weed karma on you!!

1 Like

There’s always future seasons. :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you. Maybe another thing that’s not quite possible to ask, but find out is the area surrounding your future site.
Are there potentially other growers/greenhouses or nurseries and large scale commercial flower operations in close proximity to you?
How about special permitting for your waste water and bi-products? That might be more of question to take up with your sewage treatment or water company?

Are you also familiar with the area that you are looking as far as the climate goes? Sub climate pockets or wind tunnels could also play into it?

Hope you get good news!