Hit me up for info on outdoor grows

I started growing outdoor 20 plus year ago with no advice on how to grow ect to top my plants all my know how came from garden with grand father and working and listening at a farm and ranch store my father managed. I use all organic addments.

6 Likes

[edit]
I stand corrected…

@LemonadeJoe … I kinda saw his topic the other way, as saying he is a sage on the subject?

@treedawg … how can I protect my plants from climbing creatures, aka possums/raccoons or even rabbits, etc… ?

2 Likes

I meant if any 1 had question about how to grow outdoors pm me will be glad to help

1 Like

Erm… sorry for that… You are right!

3 Likes

put a small hole fence around them high enough for u to step over. put out moth ball will not help much get weiled wire cut to leave spikes of wire pointed up and down my wire holes or half in wide 1 inch long works great

3 Likes

Something I do that is proactive is take bar soap and around your grow area outside cut the soap into small slices and leave laying around. They will give off what animals perceive as human scent. It isn’t 100% but nothing with nature is lol As it rains it will slowly melt and keep giving off scent. Don’t put to close to plants you don’t want soap runoff getting to your roots. @treedawg suggestions are excellent as well.

2 Likes

they say to hang soap bars for dear

3 Likes

yea, I used to put bars of soap in socks and hang them on the perimeter

2 Likes

please, all relevant grow information should be public for all to see. no need for p.m.

2 Likes

Truth!

Your info should be shared publicly… it wants you to share it…its reeeaall good info… reaaalll good…

1 Like

Also… do neem oil sprays work as well for outdoor pests as they do for indoor?

2 Likes

yes. I love neem oil. but it is all about pest cycles. remember, treating a plant one time doesnt do anything. you have to have a plan and follow up sprays.

5 Likes

i remember reading one time to piss around the perimeter or fill bottles with urine and leave them around the place. not sure about leaving DNA everywhere tho…

what about aphids and caterpillars? my neighbour battled them at end of season last year too late in flower to spray. his plan is to use light dep to try finishing flower by middle of summer

1 Like

I am glad to see this thread.

Certainly be checking in to pick on pointers for my outdoor and green house adventures.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

u or welcome check in

1 Like

Okay I’ve got one.

In a guerrilla location with exceptionally rocky soil, and where bringing in large amounts of soil isn’t an option, how would you prepare a plot for one plant?

2 Likes

u need a pickaxe and a days work. depends on the plot size. but, hopefully could pack in soil amendments and use what dirt is there.

1 Like

I agree with @Viva_Mexico bring in amendments. Allot of shoveling and picking out rocks. But the rewards are definitely worth the effort. I’ve had to pack dirt as far as I could go and stop to break then start packing again or even hide the dirt under some leaves or something and come back. It can be a pain but I like bringing my own dirt whenever possible.

2 Likes

Around here they sell an animal repellent for gardens called “Skoot”.

1 Like