Question about SE U.S.A. Terrain growing

I been hiking in the woods by my house here in the Mississippi area looking for some spots to grow some plants guerilla style. The woods are so thick out here!! I was wondering how good cannabis would grow in these thick wooded areas with tree canopies up above that leave broken sunlight through the trees above. Anyone with experience growing in similar geographical terrain?

3 Likes

Plant irregularly in dense brushy patches where you get direct sun. If you can’t hardly walk through it, other people can’t either. You don’t want a canopy overhead. Cannabis doesn’t do well in shade.

Not by streams or any path someone would walk through. A clearing with tall or even thorny brush is best bet, few plants. If you see any trash anywhere on the ground other people have been there. If you have to walk through water or swampy area to get there all the better. I’m talking thick brush, think “the places even a rabbit couldn’t go”.

You gotta really be in the middle of nowhere to guarantee no one comes walking through, and if you want a decent crop you’ll need to visit several times throughout the season, planting, fertilize, water, clear weeds, kill pests, etc. The irregular planting is so even if someone does walk by they might not notice 1 green plant in a wall of other green plants. And if they jack your plant, they won’t find the others. An empty abandoned field, planted against the treeline so it blends in. A small raised island area in a swamp is good too.

8 Likes

Nice tips! I live on a dead end road out in the country and the woods are on county property of a reservoir river of a power plant. So it’s pretty secluded. I’ll be taking everything you mentioned to scout some more for the perfect spots. Planting two maybe three plants tops in a few different locations. I’ll be growing the plants in a pot at home til they are ready then take them out there.

4 Likes

You might consider edges of lower south facing hills in full sun.
Vernal is right on the hard to reach places.Thorns, dense bush with openings.
Deer sometimes make tunnels in brush to gain entry to clearings in fields.
Cover your tracks after you leave.

I had success with shorter indicas that I bent over and tied.
Once flowers start you could even place some fake holly berries for camo.
If you want 3 females I would plant 7 just in case. Spread them way out
Good luck going guerrilla style.

5 Likes

Thanks guys!! Never thought I’d be so excited about this like a teenager when I have a son old enough to be in college🤣. Living in Arizona all my life it’s kinda hard to pull off a guerilla grow with how dry it is out there. So I’m super excited now I live somewhere where it’s green and wet. Got some Valley Ghash x cake fighter from GLG that just popped last light in the paper towel(only 10 hrs!)

3 Likes

I’m planning something similar and we have similar climates.
I’m interested in what strains you’ll be choosing?
Also what will be your plans for fending off PM and pests. I’ve seen a baby rabbit near my planned grow so I have to plan against them, probably just some netting. Not worried about human contact so it should be fun. Good luck.

1 Like

Plant right smack in the middle of a blackberry thicket. Use the blackberry vines to LST them, also. What the cops look for (in addition to trash and trails) are large contiguous patches of green in the middle of brown, gray or the red clay soil we have here (I’m from and live in Deep South). Grow it in and among other vegetation that looks somewhat similar. You want to train it down and keep it short so it doesn’t silhouette itself. Keep it under 3 feet and keep it out of anyone’s line of sight. Try approaching any potential grow site from a number of angles, noting what you could or could not see.
TL:DR: Keep your plants short, grow them amongst other vegetation (just make sure they still get enough sun) and do it in the most inaccessible place you can find.

2 Likes