First male and white powder?

So today I peaked in flower room and caught this seeded bastard. I test all my plants w farmer Freddie and was told this was a female. None the less first time ever having a male plant in a room full of females at various stages. Hoping it didn’t pollinate the others,…. Not sure how that goes.

Also noticed some white powder in the corner of one fan leaf…. It’s not on any other plants in my room and I’m unsure if it’s PM or if some insect shot there or something?

3 Likes

Looks like pollen dropped.

8 Likes

yeah looks like pollen to me. I’ve had a couple males with Ivory pollen. Straight white. Others with the more normal yellow looking pollen. Seen a dark gray color too.

Crazy farmer freeman said that was a female? That plant is about as male as it gets right there.

6 Likes

Nice looking male there - you’ll have seeds on your ladies 100% . Hopefully the air movement in your room was min. Carefully remove him if you want to minimize your seeds.

4 Likes

Fucking a. I moved him but I had 30 females in there , 15 3/4 way done w flower

2 Likes

That thing definitely looks like it’s going to dump all over the place. Like mentioned, you’ll have seeds for sure. If you super gently movie it out, you can lessen the amount. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Yeah I may just chop the entire room now. I do t want any seeds in shit. Spent $500 to test all the plants to guarantee I had a room of nice ladies

Fucking so pissed. Also had 14 mephisto autos finishing up.

4 Likes

Yup a female. I have 75 more tests I bought and do t even see the point anymore.

Shame on me for not checking daily or maybe I could have fixed this before the pollen dropped.

How bad are these buds going to be? I hate to chop all this but fuck.

Other question is if I don’t chop and I move other females from veg into here will those get pollinated from these females that got pollinated? Do I have to wait till they’re all gone basically to start fresh if I don’t want to risk jt ?

1 Like

Spray bottle with some water. Wet and wipe everything and you’ll be good to bring more plants in.

7 Likes

To add*^ if you didn’t have too much air movement in there. And if he was in a corner or something the pollen may not have done ‘too much’ damage. If anything you’ve got yourself a regular seed run. What was the male? And what other plants have you got there?

3 Likes

I’ve never bought the tests, because I’ve seen this happen multiple times with these tests on other people’s plants. I guess it’s not 100% or something.

2 Likes

Spraying water before moving a male will render the bulk of pollen inviable.

Most of these tests will look for an y marker, some xx plants can still show as “strongly staminate”

4 Likes

It was a Bodhi seed Garfunkel either way I chopped it and tossed.

I have two nice fans in there but it was super low on the plant against a back wall. I’d say it probably didn’t do much but like a fool I put my finger into it before carrying it out over a few other plants.

Thankful I was smart enough to turn my fans off before lifting it past them.

The other plants are just starting g to flower and some were well into flower.

I have all sorts of really nice strains and it was directly next to a Nepal jam pure sativa and a FDM Indiana bubblegum.

4 Likes

I guess at this point maybe I just flower them all out and see what I get

5 Likes

Unless you’ve got clones or plants ready to flower, may as well finish them out and see what happens.

2 Likes

A sound decision. On a positive note, sounds like some solid genetics. I’d just call it a happy accident - if anything the neighbouring plants might have some volunteer crosses for your next runs. A couple more days and this thing would be dumping hard. Looks like you caught it at a good time.

5 Likes

Water neutralizes pollen, take a spray bottle and completely saturate that male before u attempt to move it then spray down all the surfaces of the room if ur gonna move others in there

Looks like the males started to drop and not full blown left it the whole cycle so u may notice the occasional seed but not a buttload like shwag was in the back of the day , no sense trashing the whole grow and if u know what the parents were then u got some new crosses to grow out, trade out, or giveaway

3 Likes

Careful about this*^. Do not spray directly on a male which has already dumped.

Water will hit the pollen on the leaves and send half of it soaring into the air. It actually propels the pollen drastically when done this way.

Best way is to spray inside a plastic bag. Then carefully place over the plant and cut at the base of plant - any pollen which bounces around after the bag is placed over the plant will quickly land on a wet plastic bag surface and stick.

3 Likes

I’ve never had an issue but I use a garden hose on full blast pointing from the top down. Didn’t consider that a spray bottle can spread it

Plastic bag method sounds solid

Already moved before setting it was low and in a corner

1 Like