First Octopot Grow!

That’s probably genetic : )
The type of foxtailing that we take note of is later in flower when buds have already fattened and the plant dosnt finish
And keeps firing foxtails

4 Likes

ahh ok, thx again man. the last plant did it but only on the bottom, the lower larfy stuff. Does the lower small bud area have more tendency to fox tail?

Picture the roots pumping all the fluid nutes and hormones into plant

This all gets pumped to the tops of the plant first ( to the plant the tops are the most important, survival ) then as pressure increases it builds up workin it’s way down the plant , so very lowest buds get little light little food little hormones so they not solid and chunky and look foxtailish , that’s just larf : )

The way the pressure builds in plant from top then working it’s way down gradually in plant after watering
That’s why the pressure of over watering shows on top of plant first ( curling heavy leafs ) and the curling works its way down the plant

And if underwatered the leafs drop at the bottom first and then drooping works up the plant ( survival keeping most important tops from wilting ) kind of

Hard to put in words but when penny drops it’s easy too visualise the internal motion : )

I can reword that to make it clearer if needed , I can waffle abit : )

11 Likes

Stacking up nicely…

12 Likes

Great explanation, best I’ve read! :+1: :+1:
-Grouchy

5 Likes

@GrouchyOldMan The fish knows, he’s 1/2 plant him self lol
@ifish has this plant figured out !!!
There’s no one that knows this plant better ,he can read the plant like a book !

7 Likes

Middle of week 9… I’m not seeing any amber trichomes yet but everything is very cloudy.

A bit of foxtailing still going on but the buds are heavy and very dense.

15 Likes

Beautifully done my friend

No s signs of stress they look very healthy and happy they’re putting on weight any day now you’re gonna have major major buds

3 Likes

Start of week 10 of flower, did some wet trimming of most of the big fan leaves…could not find my gloves :rofl: after about 30min. it felt like I dipped my hands in glue.

Buds are heavy and dense, moving the net around had them swinging like pendulums.

I don’t see any amber yet, trichs have been all cloudy for a couple weeks now, may just be this strain - Peanut Butter OG Kush -, first time growing this one.

This is my 5th plant using only GHMB from start to finish and everyone one has been a winner. She drinks a bit more than 1 gallon per day, for the last 2 weeks, I’ve cut the nutes and have done 2 days PH’d H2O only, instead of daily nutes. Will go with H2O only for the last week.

11 Likes

This is a beautiful plant ! Who’s the breeder ?

I believe the amber is on its way ! I recently learned about 0/0/50 to add to my feed regiment in weeks 7.5 to finish it aids in pushing the plant to finish and helps to harden them up.also timing on when you change feed to the 1/4/4 regiment for finish is important too early can force it to finish too early or too late can prolong the finish so depending on the plant I find changing at week 7.5 to week 8 is a good place to change feed

Hopefully I got this right

Paps

2 Likes

Cheers to that one @LedZeppelin
Its been a while, hope you are stillgoin straight Ahead Madame

1 Like

Thats an absolutely Beautiful plant @blkbelt65. Kill’r Job, there would be Skid marks just in front of your Picture… too bad thats not a symbol we can use for pics that Stop us. Yours Applies bro
and Yes, i was just into the honduras x panama

2 Likes

I love your style brother. Everything looks awesome!

1 Like

Original Sensible Seeds - Peanut Butter OGKB Photo Fem.. It was a freebie too!

Have you seen any photos that take more than 12 weeks to finish? The write-up on this one says 10 weeks but it still feels like it has a couple more left.

Sounds good, that’s when I cut back and only put nutes into the gallon jug every 2 days since then. I see a little bit of yellowing on a couple of the top leaves but that was to be expected when I cut back on nutes.

I really need to up my smoke game :laughing::rofl:. When this one finishes, the plan was to start another grow but I’ve got 5 - 1G jars left from the last grow. And this one is a beast.

3 Likes

Oh god!
Amazing plant!!!
Nice brush!
:astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like

Hay brother

On finish time , I’ve seen Hindu Kush and some Sativa leaning photo take a bit sannies sugar punch finished at 84
My papa’s punch finished at 12 could have gone 1/2.5 but 12 is quite enough lol :joy:

But some breeders judge their flowing times by when they see buds form is the start of there count down
And some start the count down at the flip to 12/12
I use that as a guide an just look at the signs
If she looks ready try a quick dry sample for a smoke test to make sure
I dry a bud in the oven at 200 degrees it takes a bit of time I do this in the morning for wake and bake mostly to get a freash start so to speak lol

Paps

2 Likes

I’ve found that raising light 1-2" can help stop foxtailing. Beautiful grows I’m digging on the octopot. I think you mentioned once you kinda like em.lol. Since you started with autos you haven’t learned the flexibility of photos. Pretty much as long as they are still in veg you can usually doctor them back to healthy for the flip. It may delay your grow but it’s better than low yield. Love your thread now Im looking at ocotopots myself.lmao. Yes there is sativa’s that can take 20+ weeks to flower. @Papalag explained it well. I was stuck on breeder times when I first started and was told to use as a guide cause everyone calls it different and the plant alone will tell you when it’s in your harvest window! :+1::+1: Amazing grows and you got to see how autos have come so far. Gorilla cookies was epic you grew.

3 Likes

Exactly what I did as soon as I saw it I raised it up about 4 in and cut it back about 10%, for the most part it stopped it and what was there is maturing as it should be.

Yep, the Banana Sherbert above was the first shot at photos, this is the second.

That gorilla cookie was potent AF :laughing: with several different flavors, I could taste the Gorilla glue pretty much every time.

And yeah :laughing: they really are amazing plus the added bonus of never getting any bugs from bottom watering.

2 Likes

So these pots have caught my attention. Did you research different ones before purchasing? What brand do you have or recommend? I see you use hydro nutes is that because you have a rez? I’ll do more research myself you just kicked my interest into overdrive. You still use soil/coir so it should hold up to heat better than a dwc or straight hydro system? Thanks again man.

3 Likes

I picked up some rice hulls from my local brew store. a layer on top of the pot, no algea, no bugs. for a more hands off, autorefill is awesome.

loved the thread. great read, beautiful plants.

:green_heart:

:dove:

3 Likes