First timer in need of help

1 Like

Taken afew days apart

3 Likes

give it time :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If it doesn’t get better I’d flush with ph6.5 water. Then feel the weight of the cup. Remember that. Then do nothing to it for thre days except feel the weight of the cup. When it’s lite water a little. Ph 6.5. For me I don’t raise that ph till there big and healthy. Then I got 6.7-8. My two cents. I think you over fed over watered.

5 Likes

Yellowing normally means plant having lack of nutrients and taking them from their reservoirs (leaves). I see that purple in the new shoots that could be Phosphorous deficiency and also that curling leave, unbalanced pH can provoke both issues, taking it down as suggested might be a good move. Here’s to compare my Frisian Duck with nute burn and pH issues :see_no_evil:, she recovered to finally be devoured by mites, but that’s another story … :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Like it’s growing strong now but the leaves and the yellowing stressing me out but atleast I’m not the only person having problems I felt so stupid as being my first time

2 Likes

Welcome!!
I really think you are over feeding/locking it up!
Usually, you feed it once a week- watered until it is totally saturated and has run-off from the drain holes… then use only pH adjusted water in between until the next week… and ONLY water if you can stick your finger down into the soil to the 2nd knuckle and it is dry…not cold or damp…then water until saturated. The only time you add nutes more than once a week, is if you are using a fraction of what is recommended…like 3x a week at 1/4-1/3 strength.
If you don’t already have it, here’s a link to the Emerald-line feeding charts…
Don’t worry, she isn’t in desperate shape, and will straighten out quickly once ya get it dialed-in!! <3
https://www.emeraldharvest.co/resources/feed-charts/

6 Likes

What medium are you using please?

Hello and welcome to the OG @Smallspac !

I was wondering if you could post a pic of the container the :seedling: is in when you have a moment?

Thanks! :call_me_hand:

With that pH, there would be lock out wouldn’t it George?

1 Like

Indeed, it is too close to the danger zone where lots of nutes are unavailable:

Soil pH chart

Pot is too small to buffer it, I would flush it with pHed water and check runoff pH. I like to slightly run up and down the pH to widen its range and make more food available. I don’t see vivid colours or burnt tips so don’t think there’s a nute burn but just the contrary, food is available but plant cannot process it due to pH unbalanced. Of course it’s just my guess, checking runoff pH and ppm with pHed no nutes water may give us a clue … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Personally I think you’re watering with too strong of a nutrient solution. I believe you said you’re feeding with salts? Try using an EC meter and measuring the amount of nutrient in your water solution. You want to go very low and slow for the first week or two. Then slowly ramp it up. Anyway, welcome to the community! I hope she turns around for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Smallspac,

A 100 watt light three feet above is pretty wimpy, even for a young plant. With modern LED lights it is hardly ever a problem, but yellowing can also be a sign of too few photons!

Lower that light way down and see if it helps. If that is part of the problem you’ll see results in a day or so.

-Grouchy

5 Likes

What is the temperature and humidity?

So I finally got the plant going good but is it male or female??

5 Likes

:baby: Congratulations, you have a son… :man_health_worker:

Our condolences… :pensive: :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Male… also if you get one of those digital microscopes for like 25 bucks on amazon… you can inspect waaaaaaay sooner… node number 7 is where to start

3 Likes

Its a man, man

1 Like

DEFINITELY male!! Lots of pollen pods in there!

1 Like